Connect with us

Coronavirus

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announce Virtual Ceremony Amid COVID-19

Published

on

Whitney Houston1 - screenshot
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

© Provided by Entertainment Weekly Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will honor Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, The Notorious B.I.G., The Doobie Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, and T-Rex via an HBO special instead of a live ceremony due to the coronavirus pandemic.

*The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has cancelled the live induction ceremony in 2020 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“To protect the health and safety of our Inductees, their families, crews, and our attendees, we’ve made the decision that the scheduled live event is not possible,” John Sykes, Chairman of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation said in a statement. “Together with HBO and executive producer Joel Gallen, we will still create an exciting program honoring our 2020 inductees, by telling the stories of their incredible contributions to music and impact on a generation of artists that followed them.”

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Blues Singer ‘Lady A’ Fires Back at Country Band Lady Antebellum’s Lawsuit Over Use of Her Moniker

Via MSN.com:

Honorees including Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, Notorious B.I.G., The Doobie Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, and T-Rex will instead be honored during an HBO special set to air on Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Jon Landau and Irving Azoff will also be celebrated as winners of the Ahmet Ertegun Award.

The fall event replaces the 35th annual live induction that was originally set to air May 2 but was postponed over concerns stemming from the pandemic.

The ceremony was originally supposed to take place at Cleveland’s Public Hall on May 2nd. It was moved to November 7th because of the pandemic. 

This is the first time artists will be inducted into the Hall of Fame without a public ceremony.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Coronavirus

And Now Donald Trump Jr. Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Published

on

Donald Trump Jr - Getty- 5fb84b1832f2170011f70773

*We could be snarky about it, but we’ll resist the temptation to do so and just report straight up that Donald Trump Jr. has tested positive for the coronavirus and is quarantining at his cabin.

So far he’s not displaying any symptoms, his spokesman said. The news was first reported by Bloomberg.

“Don tested positive at the start of the week and has been quarantining out at his cabin since the result. He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and is following all medically recommended COVID-19 guidelines,” a spokesman for Donald Trump Jr. told Dailymail.com.

As far as why he’s quarantining in a cabin, he owns one in upstate NY where he likes to fly fish in the Delaware River.

You may remember that Don Jr’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilgoyle caught the virus back in July around the 4th, but he escaped catching the disease.

However, he is the second of the president’s children to test positive for the virus, following Barron Trump’s diagnosis last month. Barron tested positive in October when both his parents had COVID.

MORE NEWS: ‘Sasha is a Mini Michelle’: Obama Explains Why He’s Scared of his Youngest Daughter (Watch)

Donald Trump Jr & Kimberly Guilfoyle - Getty- 5fb84b1832f2170011f70773

Donald Trump Jr & Kimberly Guilfoyle – Getty

Here’s more via DailyMail:

Donald Trump Jr.’s infection comes as coronavirus cases are in the rise in the United States with more than 11.9 million people infected. More than 253,000 Americans have died from the disease.

It’s unclear where the president’s oldest son may have been infected. He was at the White House on election night where several of Trump’s staff later tested positive for COVID, including White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

He’s the latest in a long line of people close to the president to get infected.

Also on Friday, Andrew Giuliani, the son of Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, announced he had COVID.

 

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Geraldo Suggests Naming the COVID Vaccines After Trump to Make Him Feel Better (Watch)

Published

on

F5BDE360-1360-4264-859F-9A4083C598D0_4_5005_c
F5BDE360-1360-4264-859F-9A4083C598D0_4_5005_c

Geraldo Rivera o Fox News out here suggesting the COVID vaccine be named after Trump (Nov 19, 2020)

*To soothe Donald Trump’s hurt feelings for losing his presidential re-election bid, his boy Geraldo Rivera proposed naming the COVID vaccine after him as a salve.

“I had an idea with the world so divided and everybody telling him he’s gotta give up and time to leave and time to transition … why not name the vaccine The Trump? Make it, like, ‘have you gotten your Trump yet?’ It would be a nice gesture to him. And years from now it would become kind of a generic name. Have you got your trump yet, I got my trump, I’m fine. I wished we could honor him in that way.”

Watch below (or here on Twitter):

Twitter had some thoughts.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Texas County Paying Inmates $2 an Hour to Move COVID-19 Victims’ Bodies [VIDEO]

Published

on

texas inmates move covid victims, bodies

*A Texas’ El Paso County is reportedly paying inmates $2 an hour to move the bodies of deceased victims of the COVID-19.

According to CBS, the county has nine inmates who are working to move the bodies. Chris Acosta, public affairs director at the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, described the prisoners  as “low-level offenders” and said they are “provided full PPE by the morgue/hospital.”

“The work is 100% voluntary,” Acosta added. “It’s great that these individuals are stepping up and volunteering to assist a community in dire need of help right now.”

El Paso County has about 34,000 active COVID-19 cases, which continue to surge. While prisons rely on inmates to perform jobs for little or no pay, having prisoners move COVID victims has raised concerns about ethics. 

Check out the video report above.

READ MORE: Ben Carson Has Coronavirus! HUD Secterary is Latest Trump Official/Ally to Test Positive

Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the country’s Covid-19 death toll could reach between 276,000 and 298,000 by December 12, per MSN.

“The number of deaths that we’re going to see in three weeks’ time or four weeks’ time reflects the actions that we all take right now,” said Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and the former Baltimore health commissioner. She urges Americans to reconsider their Thanksgiving holiday plans for safety reasons. 

“I understand that people are worried, they’re stressed, they haven’t seen their loved ones, they want to see their loved ones now more than ever,” she said. “But we really cannot do that in person, indoors, safely this Thanksgiving.”

“One of our concerns is people over the holiday season will get together and they may actually be bringing infection with them to that small gathering and not even know it,” said the CDC’s Dr. Henry Walke

WATCH

Continue Reading

Trending