Thursday, June 13, 2024

Quavo Meets with VP Harris to Tackle Gun Violence | Video

Quavo
(l-r) Musical guests Quavo and Takeoff pose backstage on Thursday, October 6, 2022 — (Photo by: Todd Owyoung/NBC via Getty Images)

*Migos rapper Quavo attended the 52nd Annual Legislative Conference in Washington Wednesday to speak on ending gun violence.

The hip-hop star served as a representative for his Rocket Foundation, which aims to “support programs which are saving lives through proven, community-based solutions to prevent gun violence.”

Quavo’s visit with several lawmakers follows the death of fellow Migos rapper Takeoff nearly a year ago. 

Takeoff (born Kirsnick Khari Ball) was an innocent bystander to a dice game argument outside 810 Billiards & Bowling on November 1, 2022, when he was shot and killed, according to Houston police. We reported previously via CNN that he was unarmed and not involved in the argument that occurred after a party hosted by J. Prince Jr., son of Rap-A-Lot founder, J. Prince. Takeoff was shot in the head and the torso, according to the coroner’s report.

Quavo attended this White House event this week with his mother and Takeoff’s mom, Titania Davenport. As Complex reports, VP Harris thanked them on Instagram “for using your voices to honor Takeoff’s legacy and call for action to prevent gun violence.” 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Vice President Kamala Harris (@vp)

“You don’t think nothing is going to happen,” Quavo said about Takeoff’s death, as reported by the Associated Press. “I need to step up to the plate and hit a home run. I have to do something about it, so it won’t happen to the masses—especially in our culture. I don’t want this to happen to the next person.”

We reported previously that Takeoff’s mother filed a lawsuit against the bowling alley where her son was killed. She is seeking $1 million in damages.

According to Rolling Stone, Davenport claims the venue didn’t utilize “screening mechanisms, [or] after-hour controls or security measures.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Vice President Kamala Harris (@vp)

Washington’s lawsuit also alleges that the defendants didn’t employ basic security measures. 

“They had no properly trained security personnel, adequate signage, lighting, or cameras. They had no screening to keep out weapons. They didn’t even have a working metal detector,” said Jones, Complex reports.

READ MORE: Quavo’s Assistant Sues Bowling Alley Where Takeoff Was Killed

We Publish News 24/7. Don’t Miss A Story. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter Now!

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SEARCH

- Advertisement -

TRENDING