Thursday, June 13, 2024

Cassie’s Sexual Assault Claims Spark Popular Podcaster’s Revolt TV Departure | VIDEO

*The fallout from Cassie’s sexual assault claims against Sean “Diddy” Combs has impacted the Bad Boy Records founder’s Revolt TV media company. Page Six reports that popular podcaster Dawn Montgomery will step down from her role with Revolt.

Montgomery announced her departure via X (formerly known as Twitter) last week.

“I won’t be signing on to do the [third] season of @revolttv’s ‘Monuments To Me’ podcast,” Montgomery posted while mentioning how her status as a sexual assault survivor impacted her decision. “I am a SA survivor [and] I cannot be a part of a show that’s supposed to uplift black women while [Diddy] leads the company,” she wrote, adding, “Believe Black women.”

Montgomery’s departure comes after news of Cassie’s lawsuit against Combs became known. The 37-year-old “Me and You” singer (born Casandra Ventura) filed bombshell court papers alleging her nearly decade-long, volatile relationship with Diddy involved sexual assault, trafficking, and physical abuse. Other claims brought up in the lawsuit included Combs introducing Cassie to alcohol and drugs as well as him forcing her to have sex with male prostitutes, among others.

Dawn Montgomery - Instagram
Dawn Montgomery – Instagram

A day after the lawsuit generated headlines, a settlement was reached. Despite Cassie’s lawsuit capturing the attention of news outlets, Montgomery alleged efforts from Revolt’s leadership to speak out about the allegations were not made.

“[Their silence] says a lot,” she wrote in her post.

According to Page Six, Revolt has not reached out to Montgomery since she announced her exit and her post went viral. Although she tried keeping talk of her departure within her network, Montgomery told Page Six, “I said what I said.”

The site also noted how it appeared that Revolt initially did not report on Cassie’s lawsuit against Combs, choosing instead to subsequently cover Combs’ response to the case after it was settled.

Chatting with an insider, Page Six stated the company’s leadership allegedly forbid staffers from writing negative content about Combs or his close friends.

In a statement, Combs reacted to the settlement of the lawsuit, saying, “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best.”

The entertainment mogul’s lawyer, Ben Brafman, expressed Comb’s relief over the end of the suit with a subsequent statement.

“A decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing,” Attorney Brafman stated. “Mr. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.”

Weighing on the settlement, Cassie released her statement emphasizing the amicable resolution.

Cassie - Sean "Diddy" Combs (Getty)
Cassie – Sean “Diddy” Combs (Getty)

“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control. I want to thank my family, fans, and lawyers for their unwavering support,” said Cassie’s statement.

MORE NEWS ON EURWEB: 50 Cent Wants to Buy Revolt After Diddy Steps Down as Network Chairman

We Publish News 24/7. Don’t Miss A Story. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter Now!

YOU MAY LIKE

SEARCH

- Advertisement -

TRENDING