In the interview, Steve and the newlywed couple discuss what led up to their epic photos, what that powerful moment within the Black Lives Matter protest felt like, and more.
Watch the new episode above.
Highlights from the episode include:
- On how their iconic picture during a Black Lives Matter protest occurred:
- “All I wanted, Steve, was a selfie! If I could just have a picture with a sign, with a protestor behind that says I saw it, I was very close to it.” – Kerry-Anne Gordon
- “That’s when everything changed…people were so excited, and energetic, and filled with love that they just completely encircled me…as they’re chanting ‘Black Lives Matter, Black Loves Matter’” – Kerry-Anne Gordon
- “In that moment I was solely focused on Kerry, but I could feel this energy and vibration around me from all these people…a mixed race of people! African American was not the majority. And I was like ‘Wow…that is beautiful.’” – Michael Gordon
- “What we felt that moment, it was like…what we just had right there it felt so good…even our wedding could not replace what we just felt there in that moment.” – Michael Gordon
- Steve’s closing thoughts for the newlyweds:
- “You all were placed in a moment in time that will mark your wedding day as something so memorable…so you all have to stay together. You do know that!” – Steve Harvey
About STEVE on Watch
Comedian, bestselling author, and Emmy Award-winning entertainer Steve Harvey brings all the best things about his show Steve to Facebook Watch. Get ready for insightful perspectives, unfiltered responses, and surprising takes on the everyday issues affecting his audience. Steve will interview remarkable people doing amazing things, get the real story of viral sensations, and get personal with some of the biggest stars of film, TV, and music. And there will be a lot of Steve Harvey doing what he does best: Being Steve.
About Facebook Watch
Facebook Watch is a place to discover and enjoy video on Facebook. Home to a wide range of video –from scripted comedy and drama, to competition and reality series, to individual creators and live sports]– Facebook Watch is a destination where content, community and conversation come together. This is a personalized viewing experience, where you can discover new content based on what your friends are watching, and catch up on the shows you follow. Facebook Watch is available for free on mobile apps across Apple and Android, on desktop, laptop, all Portal devices and on TV apps listed HERE.