Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Jackie Chan Slams ‘Rush Hour 4’ Reports After Chris Tucker Reunion

Chris Tucker, Jackie Chan

*Welp…although we reported earlier this week that it appeared as if Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker were gearing up for “Rush Hour 4,” reps for the martial artist issued a statement denying the actor’s involvement in the film as well as the sequel to 2010’s “The Karate Kid.”

“We have noticed that false information that Mr. Chan would act in the motion pictures “Rush Hour 4” and “The Karate Kid 2″ is spreading through multiple social media platforms,” said the statement from Chan’s management company JC Group.

“And that certain apparently infringing parties have misappropriated the personal WeChat and email accounts of Mr. Esmond Ren, a motion picture industry professional, to release false information regarding the hiring of the crew, casting, audition and other matters in connection with the pictures.”

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Eric Holder: Nipsey Hussle’s Killer Fired Off More Shots After Rapper Talked Back

Talk of “Rush Hour 4” was sparked on Sunday when Tucker posted on Instagram a birthday tribute to Chan, who turned 65 that day. Both men are showing four fingers so fans immediately concluded that a fourth installment of the buddy cop film was a go.

Meanwhile, rumors that Chan would reprise his role in a second installment of “The Karate Kid” also surfaced recently.

“With respect to the above information, on behalf of Mr. Chan, we hereby declare that any and all such information, as spread by such infringers, relating to Mr. Chan providing or about to provide acting services in the motion pictures Rush Hour 4 and/or The Karate Kid 2 is false; any relevant information released by any infringer through appropriating the personal WeChat and email accounts of Mr. Esmond Ren is false, and Mr. Chan does not have anything to do with such released information or the content thereof,” the statement said.

Chan previously spoke of the future of “Rush Hour 4,” saying: “For the last seven years, we’ve been turning down the script, turning down the script,” he said during his 2017 appearance on Power 106’s The Cruz Show. “Yesterday, we just agreed. The script probably at the end of this month will have a second draft, and next year, probably [we will] start. I hope — if Chris Tucker agrees.”

In February, Tucker confirmed on ESPN’s “The Plug” podcast that “Rush Hour 4” was going to happen.

“It’s happening,” he said. “This is gonna be the rush of all rushes. Jackie is ready and we want to do this so that people don’t ever forget it.”

The famed comedian added, “This is gonna be the rush of all rushes. Jackie is ready and we want to do this so that people don’t ever forget it.”

 

We Publish News 24/7. Don’t Miss A Story. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter Now!

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SEARCH

- Advertisement -

TRENDING