*Hennessy and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) enlist hip hop artist, Nas – aka ‘The Voice of Hennessy’ – to announce Cohort II application window for Hennessy Fellows in a narrated video.
The announcement spotlights the second annual selection for the million-dollar initiative aimed at graduate HBCU students for the inaugural communion.
Announced earlier this year, the Hennessy Fellows program is a first-of-its-kind multi-million-dollar investment in graduate HBCU students that’s designed to equip the next generation of multicultural leaders over 10 years.
Rapper, entrepreneur and investor Nas states:
“Hennessy’s mantra is all about pushing the limits of one’s potential and breaking down barriers. “Never stop. Never settle,” is more than a slogan. It is the creative engine driving our partnership and the motivational compass directing me to push for new limits every day – in the studio, on the stage, and in business. Thurgood Marshall College Fund’s mission of “changing the world… one leader at a time” is right in line with pushing those same boundaries. As a partner with Hennessy, I’m proud to lend my voice to encourage enrollment in the Hennessy Fellows Program, a new graduate program created for students who want to blaze their own trails and pursue their dreams, regardless of the challenges.”
The program is now accepting applicants for Fall 2020 at tmcf.org/our-programs through December 31st, additional program info is detailed below.
ABOUT HENNESSY FELLOWS
Hennessy has committed $10 million dollars over the next 10 years to the(TMCF) – the preeminent national organization dedicated to promoting educational excellence among students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
- Following a thorough application process, the Hennessy Fellows program selects ten high-achieving, high-potential graduate students per year and offers them a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
- Recipients will be awarded financial assistance towards collegiate graduate-level education programs, as well as curated corporate development experiences, including training forums and networking to enhance the exchange of ideas, and provide direct exposure to the inter-relatedness of corporate, social and economic systems.
- Hennessy Fellows will accept applications through December 31st, 2019. The 10 selected Fellows for Cohort II will be announced in early next year to receive benefits ahead of the Fall 2020 term.
- The program is open to students enrolled in accredited HBCU or PBI Graduate programs, and offers the following:
o Scholarship up to $20,000 per academic year
o $10,000 annual stipend for other educational expenses
o Opportunity to compete for a community-related project grant up to $10,000
o 1:1 executive coaching
o Access to online training forums, networking events, and professional advancement experiences
o Development of leadership and soft skills via exclusive opportunities and experiences
o Attend an immersive boot camp in the summer of 2020
- Hennessy continues its legacy of supporting the African American community
- Hennessy’s partnership with TMCF adds to the brand’s long history of supporting the African American community in the U.S., dating back to the late 1800s. Hennessy’s leadership at the time was among the founders of what would ultimately become the National Urban League, paving the road for Hennessy’s involvement as first corporate sponsor of milestone organizations like the NAACP and Tuskegee Institute.
- Consumers’ appreciation for craftsmanship has helped Hennessy remain the world’s best-selling Cognac
Hennessy champions those who inspire others by pushing the limits of potential
o “Never stop. Never settle.” is what fuels one to push the limits of potential
o Hennessy has a history of working with diverse cultural icons who push the limits of potential and “Never stop. Never settle.”
- Hennessy’s 250+ year history of Cognac-making excellence epitomizes the brand’s “Never stop. Never settle.” mantra
- Hennessy offers a robust collection of fine Cognacs
o Hennessy has a Cognac for different consumer tastes, preferences and occasions
o Hennessy believes in taking consumers on a journey through the portfolio
o Hennessy V.S, V.S.O.P Privilege, X.O and rare Cognac collection (Hennessy Paradis Impérial)
o The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) helps students with a clear intention to succeed acquire a high-quality college education at an affordable cost, efficiently connecting high performing, world-ready students with top tier employment opportunities—that students or employers might not have on their own
o TMCF is the only national organization to provide this level of support to publicly-supported HBCUs, and to date has awarded more than $250 million in such assistance to its students and member-schools
source: Hennessy Publicity