Connect with us

Entertainment

Terrell Owens’ Ex-Publicist Kita Williams Goes in on Him; Threatens to Sue! (Watch)

Published

on

Kita Williams

Kita Williams

*EUR associate/media partner, CNikky/Cherise Nicole (www.CNikky.com)  spoke to celebrity publicist Kita Williams (formerly of the T.O. Show) who was extremely upset about Terrell Owens speaking negatively of her and her business partner Monique Jackson on The Wendy Williams show last week.

Kita’s snapping back, saying that she is tired of him lying on them and her days of keeping her mouth shut and taking the high road are over. She READ him and then threatened to sue for defamation of character. She also commented on why he was really fired from Celebrity Apprentice.

Here are some of the highlights below:

“We have had the most ups, downs, highs and lows with Terrell Owens ….But what I will say is this because I don’t throw shade, I don’t throw mud. I definitely believe in being a woman of integrity, but what I will say is Terrell is completely out of order when he talks about Monique and I doing him wrong. First of all let me say this, I kept my mouth quiet for so long by not being one of those shady, undercut kind of women. Professionally that’s defamation of character.

Monique and I sold the show, we never took a percentage of his money, we never dealt with his money the 13 years that we worked with him, so we never stole any of his money. And I just want him to be clear about it. One of the things about Monique and I that I will say is true, is we always pushed him. If you notice on celebrity apprentice, he’s trying to change his brand. And that’s what the show did for him. So, all of these opportunities Terrell Owens, that you’re getting, is a result of the T.O. show, which Monique and I did for you, so -You’re Welcome.

And on the other hand, I will say this, as far as clarity is concerned, Monique and I have never done anything to defame his character and I won’t do it now. But, what I will say is if he continues to say things it messes with my money. I work with other celebrities…O.K.? Who’ve done more than catch footballs. And it’s unfortunate because they hear him say things that make them think that our characteristics are a bit shaky, it’s messing with my professional lifeline and my brand. So, if he continues to do that, I will sue. Because at the end of the day, Terrell Owens didn’t make me. This chick right here has an MBA before you boo. And I will continue to move forward. So, love light, many lessons and Blessings. And all I’ll say is I wish him well and I just want him to do the same for us.”

kita williams & terrell owens

Kita and T.O. in better times

Have either of you tried to reach out to one another to reconcile your differences?

“I wish I could tell you why he’s upset? And if you saw Celebrity Apprentice, they eliminated him because he didn’t raise any money. And the hard part about that is you have to look at that from the perspective of, you’ve been in this business with multimillionaires, athletes, celebrities. You’ve hob knobbed with so many and you couldn’t get a couple of checks beyond $2,500? So, it says a lot of the seeds you’ve planted in the past. And the bridges you’ve burned. It has nothing to do with Monique and Kita. It has everything to do with Terrell Owens the man. With his baby mama drama, to his problems on the field with his quarterbacks and his teams, we’re not the issue!”

As far as watching him on Iyanla fix My Life, it turns out, Mo and Kita are the ones who suggested him for the show!

“We set that up for him blindly, because we felt like he needed it. We felt like he needed to see himself and Fix It!”

Can there ever be any resolve?

“Monique and I will speak the truth and when he’s ready to sit down and talk. I’m ready! Because the lies that he’s telling right now, are really getting on my nerves!”

Watch the interview:

11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Jac

January 20, 2015 at 8:44 am

Have a seat Kita… You used him like he used you. There is really no reason that a publicist would ever share a show with their client unless you are using him and his mishaps for his celebrity and fam to get your shine. Be professional and continue growing your career the right way. If you have plenty of famous people that you work with, then your work should speak for itself. One man can not take your shine. I love powerful black women doing their thing. So keep moving forward and working hard. Stop worrying about Terrell Owens and riding his appearances to get more shine. You should be happy he has even mentioned your name. In PR I thought all publicity is good. It keeps you relevant.

• MrsC

January 21, 2015 at 2:39 am

I totally agree Jac.

2. Liz

January 20, 2015 at 3:15 pm

She just confirmed he was right. She pretended to like him so much but from this interview, it appears sh e never did. The show and money are gone and the real Kita has shown up. “How you doin?” SNAKE

3. Guessed

January 23, 2015 at 4:11 am

In my personal opinion, these two young ladies weren’t sophisticated enough to articulate themselves correctly or to promote is brand. A reality show someone who clearly has an Axis IV diagnosis/personality disorder was not the right move. They had to have known that this would present him in a negative light and that he would not be psychologically capable of managing his impulses. He clearly has a depression problem and is a victim of trauma, judging from the issues he exposed regarding his mother and married, emotionally abusive father who lived next door to him and only acknowledged him AFTER he became a famous athlete. Kita actually called the police and stated that he had taken some pills and tried to ki.. himself. The 911 call audio was released and, of course, he was ridiculed. An experienced publicist or spokesperson would NEVER make such a rookie move. Discretion is everything. So, now your reality checks have dried up and you’re pretty much been a party to ruining his brand and reputation, you now want to talk about the man? He needs help and they need to respect his privacy and steer clear of any interviews about him. A confidentiality agreements bear no implications that would prevent him from talking about them (although he shouldn’t). The burden is upon them as they are not celebrities/celebrity clients.

• Her

March 30, 2015 at 9:51 pm

I get what you’re saying but personality disorders are on Axis II, not IV. Depression is Axis I. Unresolved trauma would fall under IV. I don’t believe he has a personality disorder. Issues, yes.

4. nickster

March 2, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Well said Guessed!!!

5. ปั้มไลค์

June 29, 2020 at 7:23 am

Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.

6. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

7. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

8. เบอร์สวย

June 29, 2020 at 7:26 am

I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s articles or reviews daily along with a mug of coffee.

9. SMS

June 29, 2020 at 7:27 am

Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the great writing.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Mickey Guyton: First Black Female Solo Artist to Earn Grammy Nod in Country Music Category

Published

on

Mickey+Guyton+CMA+Songwriters+Event+Phoenix+U35HjRdYr76l
Mickey+Guyton+Lifetime+Presents+Special+Screening+fY-OTAtyoQel

Getty

*Mickey Guyton has become the first Black female solo artist to earn a Grammy nomination in a country music category.

The 37-year-old singer’s “Black Like Me” song has been nominated for Best Country Solo Performance. The Pointer Sisters previously made history with the song, “Live Your Life Before You Die,” when it was nominated in 1976 for Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group.

After the nominations were announced last week, Guyton shared an emotional video about her historic nomination.

“Honestly still can’t believe this happened yesterday,” she captioned the clip (see below).

READ MORE: The Weeknd Calls Out ‘Corrupt’ Grammys After 2021 Nominations Snub

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Mickey Guyton (@mickeyguyton)

“I haven’t been able to put into words the emotions I feel right now. I have been hitting the pavement for so long just trying to get an opportunity to be heard. And now here I am nominated for a Grammy!” Guyton continued. “I feel seen. I feel heard. I am a living testament that you should never give up on yourself. You never know what God has waiting for you around the corner.”

“This Grammy nomination is for every black girl that felt unseen. That felt unheard. That felt unloved. That felt like they weren’t enough. That felt unpretty. That felt shoved in a corner and completely unconsidered. This is for them,” she added.

In September, Guyton became the first Black woman to perform at the Academy of Country Music Awards.

“That phrase, ‘You see it, you can be it’ really rings true, and I just — standing here for other women of color, it means the world to me,” she said. “That’s why I’m here,” she told ET at the ACM Awards.

Fun fact: Guyton is one of the original members of 3LW. Her former bandmate Adrienne Houghton had nothing but praise for her during a recent conversation on “The Real,” about the 2021 Grammy nominees.

“When I got my first record deal, when Tommy Mottola signed me to Epic, the original members of my group actually had a girl named Mickey Guyton in it – she was the original member of 3LW, and she is now this incredible country artist that just got nominated as well. Saw this woman in tears – Mickey Guyton, amazing – she’s actually the original member of 3LW! Fun fact, everybody! She’s the one that got the record deal with us,” Houghton shared.

WATCH:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Mickey Guyton (@mickeyguyton)

Continue Reading

COVID-19

President Obama Tells Joe Madison He Will ‘Absolutely’ Take Vaccine if Dr. Fauci Says it’s Safe / LISTEN

Published

on

gettyimages-94994442
gettyimages-94994442

A White House nurse prepares to administer the H1N1 vaccine to President Barack Obama at the White House on Dec. 20, 2009.

*Today President Barack Obama pre-taped an interview with SiriusXM host Joe Madison to promote his new memoir, A Promised Land.

When asked about African-Americans potentially being skeptical about taking a COVID-19 vaccine given past medical experiments on the community, President Obama said he would “absolutely” take the vaccine himself:

“People like Anthony Fauci, who I know, and I’ve worked with, I trust completely. So if Anthony Fauci tells me this vaccine is safe, and can vaccinate, you know, immunize you from getting COVID, absolutely, I’m going to take it…. And I promise you that when it’s been made for people who are less at risk, I will be taking it. I may end up taking it on TV or having it filmed, just so that people know that I trust this science, and what I don’t trust is getting COVID. I think at this point, particularly in the African-American community, we are – African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans – we have the highest death rates from this thing, and are most exposed and most vulnerable, in part because we have a lot of preexisting conditions.”

He also spoke about which world leaders were both the best and most challenging to deal with during his presidency, answering Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Vladimir Putin, respectively: “[Merkel] was smart, reliable, a great ally, tough…. really held Europe together and fought back against some of this resurgent far-right politics in Europe. I really admire her a lot…. Even though personally, [Putin] and I were always courteous with each other, the fact of the matter is, is that he was suspicious of America, resented American power, and his belief that we had taken advantage of Russia when it was flat on its back after the end of the Cold War.

Audio highlights and transcripts are below, and the interview will air in full tomorrow morning at 7:20am ET on SiriusXM’s “The Joe Madison Show” (Urban View channel 126).

Joe Madison & Barack Obama

Joe Madison and Barack Obama

President Obama on African-Americans and Other People Doubting the Vaccine: I May Take It On TV Just So People Know “I Trust This Science”

JOE MADISON, HOST: Can you talk about, you know, every job has its surprises, and one of the surprises was the outbreak of the H1N1 flu, and you write in the book how you were familiar with it. It scared you, as you said, it scared you to death because you were familiar with the Spanish Flu epidemic, and you write in detail what you had to do with the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control. It’s a two-part question. One, were you vaccinated when it became time for the H1N1 flu, the virus, and part two, a lot of discussion on my show about particularly whether African-Americans – because you know our history with medical experimentation – would you take the vaccine for the COVID-19?

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: A couple of things. H1N1, we were lucky that it was not as contagious, and it turned out not to be as deadly as we thought it was, or as COVID is. I’m still very proud of all the work we did around it, and it actually laid the foundation for us creating a pandemic playbook that helped us deal with Ebola when that came up. And that, by the way, we gave a whole blueprint to the Trump administration in terms of how they should deal with this and early warning systems, et cetera, that they completely ignored. So we did not end up having a widespread vaccination program for H1N1, just because we were able to stop it relatively early. In terms of COVID now, obviously at the end of the day, one of the great things about having Joe Biden and Kamala Harris back in charge  on January 20th, is they will also then put scientists and medical experts in charge.

And people like Anthony Fauci, who I know, and I’ve worked with, I trust completely. So if Anthony Fauci tells me this vaccine is safe, and can vaccinate, you know, immunize you from getting COVID, absolutely, I’m going to take it. And I understand, historically, everything dating back all the way to the Tuskegee experiments and so forth, why the African-American community would have some skepticism. But the fact of the matter is, is that vaccines are why we don’t have polio anymore. And they’re the reason why we don’t have a whole bunch of kids dying from measles, and smallpox, and diseases that used to decimate an entire populations and communities. So, you know, I think it is important for people to follow the guidelines that are going to be issued.

I anticipate that the vaccines will be first made available to people who are at highest risk. And if you are in that category, if you are elderly, if you’ve got a preexisting condition, if you’re a frontline worker, if you’re a medical worker, if you are in a grocery store, if you’re a first responder, you should take that vaccine. And I promise you that when it’s been made for people who are less at risk, I will be taking it. I may end up taking it on TV or having it filmed, just so that people know that I trust this science, and what I don’t trust is getting COVID. I think at this point, particularly in the African-American community, we are – African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans – we have the highest death rates from this thing, and are most exposed and most vulnerable, in part because we have a lot of preexisting conditions.

President Obama Shares Which World Leaders He Got Along with Best and Worst

JOE MADISON, HOST: I’m reading your book and there’s some parallels. I’m also reading the memoirs of [Ulysses S.] Grant, President Grant. A lot of similarities in what he went through, what you went through. Look, this is not a trick question, but of all the world leaders that you had to deal with during your presidency, which one, if you could answer this, did you have the most respect for, and I guess I would have to follow up with why? And the second one is, in the book, which ones did you have the most difficulty with?

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: It’s a legitimate and powerful question. Look, I met Mandela, but he was already very elderly, and obviously my reverence for him is at a different level. In terms of people who were in power when I was president, I would say that Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany, was somebody who, although she came from a center-right party as opposed to center-left party, was smart, reliable, a great ally, tough. Our work together and cooperation on a whole bunch of international issues was exemplary. She’s still the Chancellor now because they don’t have term limits in Germany. I mean she’s been reelected multiple times and really held Europe together and fought back against some of this resurgent far-right politics in Europe. I really admire her a lot.

I think that the biggest challenge during my presidency was dealing with Putin. Even though personally, Putin of Russia, even though personally, he and I were always courteous with each other, the fact of the matter is, is that he was suspicious of America, resented American power, and his belief that we had taken advantage of Russia when it was flat on its back after the end of the Cold War. As I described in the book, he’s sort of like an old world boss kind of style of politics. It’s all about what’s in it for me and my crew and not necessarily thinking about broader issues. And, in Volume 2, I’ll get even deeper into some of the stuff that ended up resulting in him meddling in the U.S. Election. But, at the end of the day, though, Joe, the thing that I learned, and I described this in the book is you keep on thinking that at every level things are going to be different. You start off at the state legislature, you look around and you go, man, a lot of these folks, they are not informed, or they’re corrupt, or they’re power hungry. Then you get to Congress, you think it’s going to be better. Then you get to the world stage. Look, it turns out people are the same at each level. It’s just like high school. You got cliques and you got folks who are wonderful, and then you got some folks who’ve got an attitude. Human dynamics don’t change that much. And It’s part of what I try to present in the book so that if a young person wants to get involved in politics, want to get involved in public service, want to change the world, what I want them to come away with from reading this book is the fact that they can. It’s not something mysterious. It’s the same kinds of challenges and issues that all of us deal with in everyday life. It’s just done at a different level with higher stakes, but it’s something that I think everybody can understand.

source:

Continue Reading

News

Japan Nike Ad on Bullying, Racism Sparks Calls for Boycott [VIDEO]

Published

on

Naomi Osaka

Naomi Osaka

*A video ad from Nike Japan against bullying and racism has sparked calls to boycott the company.

The ad, “Keep Moving: Yourself, the Future,” released on Nov 30, features biracial athletes and minorities of Korean descent. The commercial shows several teen girls bullied in school over their differences, but they ultimately find confidence through their athletics, namely soccer.

The video has been viewed 14.1 million times on Nike Japan’s Twitter feed and has garnered plenty of critical comments.

Check out the ad below.

READ MORE: Naomi Osaka Wins 2nd US Open + Displays Social Activism Afterwards / WATCH

As noted by Reuters, Nike Japan noted on its website:  “We have long listened to minority voices, supported and spoken for causes that fit our values. We believe sports have the power to show what a better world looks like, to bring people together and encourage action in their respective communities.”

Meanwhile, successfu mixed-race athletes such as tennis star Naomi Osaka are challenging the country’s racially homogeneous imgae.

Osaka, who was born in Japan, rose to fame after beating Serena Williams in the 2018 U.S. Open.

Earlier this year, she surpassed Williams as the highest paid female athlete, earning $37.4 million in the past 12 months via tournament payouts and endorsement deals.

“To those outside the tennis world, Osaka is a relatively fresh face with a great backstory,” David Carter, a sports business professor at USC’s Marshall School of Business, told Forbes. “Combine that with being youthful and bicultural, two attributes that help her resonate with younger, global audiences, and the result is the emergence of a global sports marketing icon.”

As noted by Yahoo, “Osaka’s $37.4 million in prize money and endorsements is also the highest ever for a female athlete, passing the $29.7 million payday Maria Sharapova earned in 2015,” according to the report.

“I’m really interested in seeing a young business grow and adding value to that process,” Osaka told Forbes last year. “I tasked my team with finding brands that align with my personality and my interests.”

Continue Reading