Connect with us

Entertainment

Former Michael Jackson Manager Wanted to ‘Kidnap’ him to Save him?

Published

on

michael-jackson

*Michael Jackson‘s former manager Ron Weisner tried to kidnap him?

Well, supposedly his manager did! He wanted to save MJ from the drugs he was consuming and the money he was being showered with by the Bahraini royalty.

In his book, “Listen Out Loud,” Weisner detailed MJ’s addiction to painkillers after a Pepsi ad accident that resulted in his hair catching on fire.

“There were other people in Michael’s life who attempted interventions, none of whom came close to helping,” Weisner revealed.

He even told MJ’s sister La Toya Jackson his plan of kidnapping him.

“I’d snatch him. I’d get some people to grab him, take him to some rehab facility in the middle of nowhere,” Weisner told her.

By 2006 his addiction worsened  “so badly that he escaped to Bahrain” where two princes gave him money and drugs, according to Weisner. 

He discussed kidnapping MJ multiple times with his sister who pleaded with him not to go through with it.

“That’s exactly what this was, a kidnapping,” he said. “[He was on] the other side of the world,” he said.

The kidnapping would have involved a plane, rehab facility, a team and too much money.

“In retrospect, it was probably for the best . . .  as one of my attorneys pointed out,” Weisner admitted. “There was little question that [the law] would view this as a kidnapping rather than an attempt to help a colleague.”

Nevertheless, right before MJ passed in 2009, Weisner met up with him.

“He hadn’t looked really healthy for a good long while, but this was a whole other level,” he wrote. “I thought . . . ‘He looks like a goddamn prisoner of war’ . . . He had that look in his eyes . . . a look of resignation, a look that said, ‘It’s over,’ and it broke my heart.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Jennifer Hudson Shades Nat Geo’s Aretha Franklin Project: ’If It’s Not a Film, It’s Nothing’

Published

on

Jennifer+Hudson+Cats+World+Premiere+USH4EFL5kX-l
Jennifer Hudson & Aretha Franklin (getty)

Jennifer Hudson & Aretha Franklin (Getty)

*Jennifer Hudson has spoken out about her Aretha Franklin biopic “Respect” competing with National Geographic’s limited series on the queen of soul.

The Oscar-winning actress shared a special connection with Franklin. Before her passing in 2018, the music icon gave Hudson her blessing to play her on the big screen.

Meanwhile, Cynthia Erivo has been tapped to play Franklin in Nat Geo’s Genius: Aretha.

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Hudson had this to say about the two projects: “I know that Aretha was adamant that [her life] be a film. If it’s not a film, it’s nothing. I’m just honored that she picked me to play her. I mean, who can say that? And again, I would have never done it without her wishes.”

READ MORE: Jennifer Hudson on Playing Aretha Franklin: ‘I Still Feel Like She’s In Me’

“Respect” was set for release in theaters in August 2020, but has been pushed back due to the coronavirus. It will have a limited release in the U.S. on Dec. 25, before a wide release on Jan. 15, 2021.

The film’s director Liesl Tommy previously said this of Hudson, “Jennifer may be one of the most talented people I’ve ever worked with,” she says. Adding, “we were both so humbled by the task that we just agreed that there would be no ego in the process and that Aretha would be the diva in the room at all times, not us.”

Months after filming wrapped, Hudson said this of Franklin: “I still feel like she’s in me, I really do. I just hope to meet her requests. You think you respect Aretha, but once you see the film and you learn her story, you can’t help but to have a newfound respect for her.”

Of her personal connection with Franklin, Hudson shared, “I still have the text chains, so every now and then I look back at them. The last time I spoke to her was Aug. 8, [2018,] and I can honestly say she sang until her last breath.”

Filming on National Geographic’s Genius: Aretha has been halted after a background actor tested positive for COVID-19, Deadline reports. .

Genius: Aretha is slated to debut in early 2021. 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Terrence Howard Sues 20th Century Fox; Says Use of His Image on ‘Empire’ Logo is Unauthorized

Published

on

Empire logo-745x596
Terrence Howard

Terrence Howard  (Photo by FOX via Getty Images)

*So, is his money funny now that “Empire” is gone and he’s no longer employed by 20th Century Fox Television?

Well, that could be the case, but what we do know is that Terrence Howard‘s case against them is over their use of his likeness to promote the former hit Fox TV show about a family owned record label and all the drama that came with it.

In any event, the actor is accusing 20th Century Fox TV officials of using his likeness from the movie “Hustle & Flow” to promote “Empire.”

Howard, who played Lucious Lyon on the show for 6 seasons, says the bosses at Fox TV failed to offer a satisfactory answer when he asked how they came up with the “Empire” logo – since he never sat for a photoshoot.

GOOD BUSINESS MOVE: Dr. Fredrick Jacobs, CEO of Celebrity’s Soul Food Talks Launch of Franchise

Empire logo-745x596

He says he ultimately determined the image was taken from the “Hustle & Flow” scene where “It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp” was being recorded in a studio.

“The still frame was selected, reversed (face looking left, not right), and subjected to CGI that simply distilled the cinematographer’s skilled capture of the head with vibrant light and shadow.”

Howard insists he should be compensated for use of the image as he would have been paid by officials at Paramount – the studio behind Hustle & Flow – if 20th Century Fox got a proper license to use his image from the movie.

Howard is suing for damages and wants an accounting of all the Empire merchandise using the logo, according to TMZ.

Of course the key question is why did he wait until NOW to pursue this line of action? Hmm, maybe our question up top about money being funny is more appropriate than we first thought.

Speaking of thoughts, what are yours about this situation?

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rudy Giuliani Responds to His ‘Inappropriate’ Hotel Scene in ‘Borat’ Sequel: ‘A Complete Fabrication’

Published

on

rudy giuliani, Sacha Baron Cohen

*Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, has fired back at claims he acted inappropriately in the upcoming “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.”

Multiple media outlets have described his scene in the upcoming comedy, which you can read below via cleveland.com:

In the scene, Tutar, played by 24-year-old actress Maria Bakalova, poses as a conservative TV reporter and arranges an interview with Giuliani at a hotel. They end up in a bedroom where she untucks his shirt and takes off his microphone. The former New York City mayor then lies down on the bed and suggestively puts his hand down his pants before Borat, in a wig and bikini, storms in and yells, “She’s 15, she’s too old for you!” Giuliani leaves after an awkward exchange between the three.

“Rudy, Trump would be disappoint, you are leaving hotel without golden shower,” Borat says in parting.

Giuliani previously revealed that he called the police after Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen tried to prank him at The Mark Hotel in New York City on July 7.  Cohen was reportedly wearing a pink bikini when he interrupted the spoof interview, PEOPLE reported. 

READ MORE: Black Woman Dubbed Trump’s ‘Nodding Lady’ Claims Trolls Are Targeting Her Employees

“This  guy comes running in, wearing a crazy, what I would say was a pink transgender outfit,” Giuliani explained. “It was a pink bikini, with lace, underneath a translucent mesh top, it looked absurd. He had the beard, bare legs, and wasn’t what I would call distractingly attractive.” 

The former mayor of New York City took to Twitter Wednesday to respond to this latest spoiler from the film.  

“The Borat video is a complete fabrication. I was tucking in my shirt after taking off the recording equipment. At no time before, during, or after the interview was I ever inappropriate. If Sacha Baron Cohen implies otherwise he is a stone-cold liar,” he wrote in a Twitter thread. “In fact, the NY Post today reports ‘it looks to me like an exaggeration through editing.’ As soon as I realized it was a set up I called the police, which has been noted in THR article on July 8th.”

Giuliani said his appearance in the movie is being used as “an effort to blunt my relentless exposure of the criminality and depravity of Joe Biden and his entire family,” referring to his role in the New York Post’s unverified report on Hunter Biden’s alleged emails and keeping one of the Trump campaign’s main talking points over the last couple of weeks in the news cycle.

Did Giuliani act inappropriately during his mock interview? Was the scene edited? You decide when “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm” drops Friday on Amazon Prime Video.

Continue Reading

TV Calendar: Coming to Small Screens

Trending