*In anticipation of Coming 2 America, the highly-awaited sequel to the original 1988 blockbuster comedy, Coming to America, Amazon Prime Video is partnering with Amazon Transportation to debut a first-of-its-kind partnership that brings Zamunda’s Royal Family to the homes of consumers.
Prime Video is creating a cultural celebration to engage nostalgic fans while introducing the newly-crowned King Akeem of Zamunda from the iconic film to new audiences and royal subjects on a plane, trucks and delivery vehicles.
Starting this week, 220 Amazon delivery vehicles, four trucks and one plane in eight key regions throughout the United States will celebrate the Zamundan Royal Family’s return to America by graciously and proudly displaying specialty wrapping featuring King Akeem. Prime Video will continue to raise and celebrate Black excellence in each U.S. region by partnering with local Black-owned restaurants to provide over 5,000 meals to those in need ahead of the global debut of Coming 2 America.
“Prime Video is elated to celebrate Black excellence by honoring this iconic film in an epic way,” says Ukonwa Ojo, Global Chief Marketing Officer of Amazon Studios and Prime Video. “Our team wanted to create an unforgettable moment for our customers and communities that not only highlighted our important Amazon transportation partners, but also intimately touched consumers in their own backyard. We will also support Black-owned restaurants in our communities by providing meals to those in need.”
ALSO READ THIS ON EURWEB: Benzino and His Daughter Coi Leray Spar On Social Media Over Strained Relationship [VIDEO]
*”Coming to America” has remained an important film for the past 33 years. This national adaptation of Amazon’s renowned delivery vehicles represents a first-time partnership between Prime Video and Amazon Transportation in celebration of this momentous occasion. The highlight of this partnership includes the services of an Amazon Air plane. Featuring a nineteen-and-a-half-foot tall image of Zamunda’s cherished King Akeem on the side of the aircraft, this Amazon Air plane is the pinnacle of the Royal Fleet and will touch down in Queens, King Akeem’s home base in the United States, at John F. Kennedy International Airport, in addition to other regions across the country.
The Royal Fleet will be launched with an announcement video on the Coming 2 America @ZamundaRoyalsInstagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok. Those who spot King Akeem driving around town are humbly invited to share original social media posts of how they express their inner royalty using #Coming2America and #RoyalGiveaway for a chance to win a custom Coming 2 America royal reward. Prime Video will choose winners each week and select fans will be featured with a “royal coronation” by showcasing their posts on the official @ZamundaRoyals Instagram account. Learn more at www.amazon.com/c2asweeps.
To execute the community meals aspect of this campaign, Prime Video is working with local Black-owned restaurants including Grandchamps (New York), Poppy + Rose (Los Angeles), Wing Quarter Daiquiris & Creole Kitchen (Houston), Phlavz Bar and Grille (Chicago), Busy Bee Cafe (Atlanta), House of Mac (Miami), Mr. Braxton Bar & Kitchen (Washington, D.C.), and Riddim N Spice (Nashville).
Fans of Coming 2 America in New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Washington, D.C. and Nashville will be able to spot some of these royal delivery vehicles featuring King Akeem around their cities for eight weeks while fans across the country may spot the Coming 2 America wrapped aircraft and trucks. To check out the Royal Fleet online, please visit @ZamundaRoyals on Instagram and Twitter.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports— all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like The Boys, One Night in Miami…, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Sylvie’s Love, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Golden Globe award-winners Borat Subsequent MovieFilm and Small Axe. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
source: The Brand Agency