Friday, November 26, 2021

Ice Cube Explains Social Media Absence Following Trump Controversy [VIDEO]

Ice-Cube-2015
Photo by Britannica

*Ice Cube has responded to inquiries about why he’s been silent since Joe Biden allegedly won the 2020 presidential election. 

Cube previously caught heat for celebrating Trump’s “adjustments” to his administration’s Platinum Plan for Blacks to favor the rapper’s own “Contract with Black America.”

Ice Cube reassured his fans that he hasn’t abandoned his political agenda for the Black community. 

“I know a lot people been wondering where I’ve been. I was real active before the election, talking about what’s needed, you know, specifically for the Black community,” he explained in an Instagram video Monday night. “About 10 days or two weeks before the election, I pushed back all the way pretty much until now because I just felt there was a lot of noise, a lot of poison, a lot of people with they own agendas—personal agendas or party agendas—and they really wanted to attack me for what I was doing because it was outside of the line of what they was doing, or what they believed need to be done.”

READ MORE: Roland Martin Has Hard to Answer Questions for Ice Cube About Trump’s ‘Platinum Plan’ / [WATCH]


Cube went on to note the importance of holding leaders (Democrat or Republican) accountable when it comes to delivering tangibles to Black folks.

“So that’s the agenda: to push whatever candidate that’s in power—Republican or Democrat—to do what needs to be done,” he said. “I think we’ve focused on one party way too long … I just believe that when you really look at the problems we’re going through, it’s bipartisan. You’re really trippin’ if you don’t look at both sides of the aisle and push both sides of the aisle to fix the problem. What’s wrong with that? I think we gotta try that, because our problems are not being solved.”

Cube also addressed those who criticized his decision to meet with the Trump campaign.

“All the people who dissed what I was doing, you know, I’ma just watch to see what you get out of the whole deal,” he said. “You talkin’ about I was worried about getting some taxes or some shit. Yeah right. Anybody that would go through all this for some fucking taxes is an idiot … I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing—behind the scenes, in front of the scenes … That’s it.”

Both the Trump and Biden camps had contacted Cube about his CWBA. He told CNN’s Chris Cuomo that while Biden’s team didn’t want to discuss the plan until after the election, Trump’s reps offered to meet with him immediately.

“I didn’t run to go work with any campaign. Both campaigns contacted me,” Cube explained. “Both campaigns wanted to talk to me about the Contract with Black America. One campaign said, ‘We love what you have, but let’s really dig into after the election.’ And one campaign said ‘We love what you have, do you mind talking to us about it?’ And that’s what I did, so I didn’t run to nobody.”

Ny MaGee
Ny MaGee is a screenwriter and freelance reporter from Chicago -- currently living in Los Angeles and covering A-list entertainment for various outlets, including Emmys.com. She has worked for: Miramax, MTV & VH1, The Jim Henson Company, Hallmark Channel, Paramount Pictures, and for iconic indie film producer Roger Corman.

YOU MAY LIKE

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV

TRENDING