If you haven’t heard, Facebook Watch has greenlighted Peace of Mind with Taraji (WT), a new talk show centered on mental wellness with Taraji P. Henson and co-hosted by her long time best friend Tracie Jade Jenkins, who is the Executive Director of Henson’s Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation. The show will begin production later this year.
The series is the latest among a diverse slate of talk shows featured on the platform including Red Table Talk, Red Table Talk: The Estefans and STEVE on Watch.
Facebook also announced a number of new mental health and emotional features and products in advance of World Mental Health Day (10/10) across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp. Further details in the Newsroom Post linked below.
We appreciate your consideration in sharing this information with your audience!
Facebook also announces new products and resources to support mental and emotional health, collaborating with experts in advance of World Mental Health Day across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp
THIS IS INTERESTING: Flight Attendant’s Viral TikTok Video Details ‘Nastiest Parts On a Plane’
Here’s MORE Facebook Watch info:
- Facebook Watch has greenlit Peace of Mind with Taraji (WT), a talk show centered on mental wellness with Taraji P. Henson and co-hosted with her long time best friend Tracie Jade Jenkins, who is the Executive Director of Henson’s Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation.
- In the new original series, Golden Globe Award-Winning Actress Taraji P. Henson and Tracie Jade Jenkins will shine a spotlight on the challenging mental health issues facing us today – particularly of those in the Black community.
- Through personal interviews with both celebrities, experts and everyday people, the series will show how to provide support, bring awareness and help eliminate the stigmas of mental health issues.
- Each episode will focus on a different mental health topic with multiple content drops per week.
- Henson founded The Boris Lawrence Foundation in 2018, a nonprofit organization led by Tracie Jade Jenkins. The foundation is named in honor of Henson’s father, Boris Lawrence Henson, who suffered with mental health challenges as a result of his tour of duty in the Vietnam War. The organization is committed to changing the perception of mental illness in the Black community by encouraging those who suffer with this debilitating illness to get the help they need.
- Taraji P. Henson quote: “I’ve long been a mental health advocate for the Black community and created the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation in 2018 that has provided resources to thousands of people who are struggling,” said Henson. “I’m looking forward to bringing this new talk series to Facebook Watch, where I can continue to create conversation around an issue that is near and dear to my heart.”
- Mina Lefevre, Head of Development & Programming, Facebook Watch: “The work Taraji has done in the mental health space is inspiring, and we’re thrilled to have her come to our platform to educate and entertain around this incredibly important topic.” said Mina Lefevre, Head of Development & Programing for Facebook Watch. “One of our strengths at Facebook Watch is building community and conversation around topics people care about, and we’re looking forward to taking this journey together.”
- Today, Facebook is also announcing a number of new mental health and emotional features and products in advance of World Mental Health Day (10/10) across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp. Click here for more information.
- Peace of Mind with Taraji (WT) is the latest among a diverse slate of Facebook Watch talk shows, joining the critically acclaimed Red Table Talk with Jada Pinkett Smith, STEVE on Watch with Steve Harvey and Red TableTalk: The Estefans with Gloria Estefan premiering October 7.
- Peace of Mind with Taraji (WT) is produced by 495 Productions with Taraji P. Henson, Tracie Jade Jenkins, SallyAnn Salsano and Jennifer Ryan serving as Executive Producers. Ebony McClain serves as Co-Executive Producer.
- Taraji P. Henson & Tracie Jade Jenkins headshots and bios here.
- About 495 Productions: SallyAnn Salsano is the Founder, CEO, Executive Producer and creative force behind the Daytime and Primetime Emmy nominated 495 Productions team. Boasting the highest-rated shows for both MTV and CMT with “Jersey Shore” and “Party Down South,” along with the record-breaking “Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party” on VH1, 495 Productions has cemented their place in pop-culture history. Some additional shows on 495 Productions versatile roster include: “The Untitled Action Bronson Show” (Viceland),“The Real” daytime talk show (syndicated), “Blue Collar Millionaires” (CNBC),“Nashville Star” (NBC),“Taboo USA” (National Geographic Channel), “Design Star” (HGTV), “A Shot At Love” (MTV), “Tool Academy” (VH1), and many others.
Randy Koussou Alam-Sogan: African Prince Busted Again for Violating Spain’s Curfew Rules
*MADRID, Spain—Police raided an illegal party this past weekend in Spain, where they found an African prince and others breaking the country’s new curfew.
Authorities also freed six people who claimed they were locked in at the illegal closed-door party, imprisoning them against their will. The ages and sexes of those attendees were not immediately known, but all filed a kidnapping complaint with police the day the party broke up.
Prince Randy Koussou Alam-Sogan was among those found at the establishment in Madrid, shortly after 6 a.m. on Oct. 25.
The prince is president and chief investment officer of BLH Group, a pan-African investment advisory firm. He is also part of the royal family of the former kingdom of Dahomey, which existed from 1600 to 1904, and is now known as the Republic of Benin. He was recently named an ambassador for the Parliamentary Society of Arts, Fashion and Sports in the U.K. The prince is based in Amsterdam, London, Cotonou (Benin) and Lomé (Togo).
This was the second such bust for Alam-Sogan, who recently made headlines in Madrid for a similar party on Oct. 3. That time, police expelled 200 guests who attended the large party, when social events were limited to 10 people.
In total, there were 36 people found at the most recent party, which was held after Spanish President Pedro Sanchez ordered an overnight curfew that took effect the same day as the gathering. The nationwide curfew, excepting the country’s autonomous community of the Canary Islands, requires people to remain in their homes between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
The curfew was initially set for 15 days, but Sanchez stated he wants to extend it to May 2021, with Parliament’s approval. “The reality is that Europe and Spain are immersed in a second wave of the pandemic,” Sánchez said during a nationwide address after meeting with his Cabinet. “The situation we are living in is extreme.”
Health officials in Spain have pointed to nightlife and parties as the main culprits of infection rises.
Police were alerted to the party by neighbors who heard voices and music. However, they could not gain entry to the house, as it had a locked security grill. Spanish press reports say attendees started leaving the party shortly after the curfew ended and police were able to enter.
Video showed municipal police entering a large dark room with several people inside. An agent shows small bags containing a powdered substance. Several agents are later seen writing up tickets.
Police have fined all the people found a reported 700 euros (roughly $825 U.S.). They failed to wear face masks or observe social-distancing rules. One man was detained for suspicion of selling narcotics as several seized bags had Ecstasy residue.
The latest figures from Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center show Spain has 1,098,320 confirmed cases and 35,031 deaths.
Some royals, like Alam-Sogan, keep their titles even if their kingdoms are now republics or cease to exist. He’s joined by Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia, though Yugoslavia is no longer a country, and King Constantine II of Greece, whose monarchy was abolished in 1974. In 1996, he was stripped of his citizenship and lives in exile.
(Edited by Fern Siegel and Matthew Hall)
The post African Prince Busted Again for Violating Spain’s Curfew Rules appeared first on Zenger News.
Doctor Dre: Former ‘Yo! MTV Raps’ Host Loses Leg to Diabetes / VIDEO
*The other “Dr. Dre,” Andre Brown, of “Yo! MTV Raps” fame, has been hit with another setback to his health.
Brown, 56, who’s been battling diabetes for years recently announced that he had a leg amputated and his family started a GoFundMe account to help with the medical costs.
Via Rolling Stone, Dre said on Memorial Day that he slipped and fell down a flight of stairs at his sister’s house. He suffered an injury to his right ankle, and later developed a life-threatening infection.
“The infection that was in my feet had started eating away at my bones,” he told the publication. “If I had waited another day, I’d have been septic, and I could’ve died.”
The bottom line is that doctors amputated his leg below the calf. He was fitted with a prosthetic and underwent physical therapy.
As was previously reported, Dre developed diabetes around a decade ago and last year he had lost his sight.
“I’m a type 2 diabetic who’s lost his vision,” he said in an interview with ABC 7 New York. He told the TV station diabetes wasn’t the only contributing factor to his vision loss.
“I had my retinas reattached, so I didn’t really go blind just from the diabetes, but in the reattachment I have what you call scar tissue behind my eyes, so when that kind of fluctuates, my vision comes back,” he explained. “It fades out, then it comes back.”
Despite his recent health challenges, Doctor Dre remains positive about life.
“I’m very blessed and sometimes, a loss is a plus,” he told Rolling Stone. “I’m a very spiritual man. I’m a very God-fearing man. And if this is the master plan, then he’s done what he wants to do. It’s out of my control.”
Andre Brown, also known as “Dr. Dre,” became known nationally for co-hosting the groundbreaking “Yo! MTV Raps” with Ed Lover from 1988 to 1995. The show, which originally launched in 1987 with Fab 5 Freddy as host, introduced fans to their favorite artists. Dre, Long Island, NY native, was also a co-founder of 1980s rap group Original Concept, and a DJ in New York and Los Angeles.
The Ripple Effect of NFL QB Lamar Jackson Testing Positive for COVID-19 (Watch)
*With Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson reportedly testing positive for COVID-19, joining the multitude of recent positive tests in their organization, the team’s game that was scheduled Thanksgiving night against the Pittsburgh Steelers was moved to Sunday afternoon at 1:15 p.m. EST.
But the consequences of their COVID situation extend beyond Baltimore.
ESPN’s NFL reporter Adam Schefter joined SportsCenter yesterday to discuss Jackson’s positive test and what it could mean for the Ravens/Steelers matchup and future NFL games.
Baltimore’s COVID collapse:
This week, the Ravens placed outside linebacker Pernell McPhee on the Reserve/COVID-19, joining running backs Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins and defensive tackle Brandon Williams. Defensive end Jihad Ward, defensive end Calais Campbell, offensive linemen Patrick Mekari and Matt Skura were also among Ravens players placed on the Reserve/Covid-19 list. Also, the Ravens said Wednesday the team “disciplined” a staff member for conduct surrounding the recent COVID-19 cases affecting the organization.
Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip6 months ago
Vanessa Bryant: Pro Athletes Sliding in DMs of Kobe Bryant’s Widow
Slider7 months ago
Clutch My Peaches!: Cynthia Bailey Reportedly Out and Offered Reduced #RHOA Role to Make Room for Phaedra Parks
Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip6 months ago
Mike Pence Invites Candace Owens to White House for Talks on Race Relations
Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip7 months ago
Trapped in the Closet? Fans Suspect Diddy’s New Girlfriend is Transgender [VIDEO]
George Floyd6 months ago
Jacob Pederson: St. Paul Police Officer Accused of Starting #GeorgeFloyd Riot [WATCH]
#BlackLivesMatter6 months ago
B(l)ack Stabbing Candace Owens Raising Funds for Cop who Killed Rayshard Brooks – Wants ATL Mayor Fired
News5 months ago
Ms. Robbie of ‘Welcome to Sweetie Pies’ Claims Son’s Ex Won’t Allow Her to See Grandson [VIDEO]
Apple News1 year ago
Inside Trump Winery Wedding of Candace Owens and Rich Brit George Farmer