Connect with us

News

Will Smith and Janet Hubert Reunite for ‘Candid Conversation’ on ‘Fresh Prince’ Reunion Special

Published

on

Janet Hubert Joins Will Smith for ‘Candid Conversation’ on ‘Fresh Prince’ Reunion

fresh prince reunion

*Will Smith teased fans with a preview of the upcoming HBO Max reunion special for “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”

The cast gathered on the set of their hit show on Thursday to tape the special in celebration of the show’s 30th anniversary.

“Today is exactly 30 YEARS since The @FreshPrince of Bel-Air debuted!” Smith wrote on his Instagram. “So we’re doin’ something for y’all… a for real Banks Family Reunion is comin’ soon to @HBOmax!”

The actor also paid tribute to James Avery, who played uncle Phil on the show. Avery died in 2014 at age 68. “RIP James,” Smith wrote. “#FreshPrince30th.”

READ MORE: Janet Hubert is Back at Blaming Will Smith for Ruining Her Life [WATCH]

In a self-photo shared on Instagram, Smith is seen with former costars Alfonso Ribeiro, Tatyana Ali, Karyn Parsons, Joseph Marcell, Daphne Maxwell Reid and DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Another picture from the set shows him sitting with Janet Hubert, who originally played Aunt Viv for three seasons before she was replaced by Maxwell Reid.

Hubert and Smith reportedly had a “candid conversation” for the first time in 27 years. 

Hubert previously criticized both the series and Smith, blaming him for her allegedly being blacklisted in Hollywood.

The special is being described as a “funny and heartfelt night full of music, dancing, and more special surprise guests,” per PEOPLE

The “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” ran for six seasons from 1990 to 1996. The reunion special will premiere sometime around Thanksgiving.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Here’s Why Rapper Bobby Shmurda Was Denied Parole

Published

on

Bobby Shmurda
Bobby+Shmurda+Power+105+1+Powerhouse+2014+NNqdo5t8XCYl

Getty

*Court documents have been released showing why Bobby Shmurda was denied parole in September. 

We previously reported… the rapper will continue to serve his max prison sentence until December 2021, according to Variety.

Bobby has been locked up since December 2014, when more than 15 defendants were charged with various crimes, including murder, attempted murder and drug dealing. Shmurda was facing a maximum sentence of 8 – 25 years on charges of conspiracy to commit murder, reckless endangerment, and drug and gun possession, EUR previously reported.

READ MORE: Bobby Shmurda to Serve Max Sentence After Parole Denied

TMZ obtained court docs from the parole hearing and board members denied the Bobby’s release after he’s had “multiple” violations in jail. The New York-native is accused of having a shank, fighting, and drug possession.

Here’s more from TMZ:

Shmurda sees his situation differently with transcripts revealing that he made his own case to be freed. He said he doesn’t have impulsive behavior anymore, considers others in his decision-making, and walks away from bad situations when they occur. After telling the parole board that he wants to resume his music career when he’s released and become involved in outreach programs with troubled youth, he also said that he now sees himself as a “leader” rather than a follower. Additionally, he wants to get a high school G.E.D. when he gets out.

Unfortunately, he has to serve his entire seven-year sentence before that happens. 

“Following his Sept. 15, 2020 interview with the Board of Parole, Ackquille Pollard was denied release and given a hold until the maximum expiration of his sentence on December 11, 2021,” a spokesperson from the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision told Complex in September.

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

50 Cent Partners with Eli Roth to Produce Three New Horror Movies

Published

on

50 cent

50 cent

*50 Cent is now venturing into the horror film game.

The rapper’s G-Unit Film & Television has joined forces with Eli Roth’s Arts District Entertainment and 3BlackDot film studio to produce three horror films.

Roth is best known for “Cabin Fever” and  “Hostel,” while 3BlackDot is co-financier of “Queen & Slim”

The partnership will allow them to create the films “others are too afraid to make,” according to Roth, per The Hollywood Reporter

“Both 50 and James (Frey) have never shied away from controversial, boundary-pushing material and have made massive global cultural impacts from their raw creative energy,” Roth said in a statement. “We want to bring that same fun and danger to this new fantastic slate of elevated scary films. We want to make the movies others are too afraid to make.”

READ MORE: Dr. Dre’s Daughter Calls 50 Cent a ‘Disgusting Low Life’ After Disrespecting Her Mother


“Eli, James, Roger, Michael, and 3BlackDot will be great partners in G-Unit Film and Television’s takeover of the horror genre. I can’t wait to show the world what we’re building,” 50 added.  

Details of the projects have yet to be revealed.

In related news, you can dive into the history of horror with Roth in his AMC docuseries “Eli Roth’s History of Horror.” 

Roth serves as executive producer and host the series, currently its second season.

Horror has always been the black sheep of the film genre,” Roth tells Page Six in a new interview. “And nobody has ever really catalogued the genre in a way that put the movie into a historical perspective and showed what they were really about. I always say the blood stains your eyes, but once you get past that, you can see incredible technique, style, skill, performances.”

WATCH:

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Kanye West Slams SNL After Issa Rae’s Diss of Him: ‘I’m Praying for Her’

Published

on

Kanye West, Issa Rae

*Kanye West has called out “Saturday Night Live” for using actress Issa Rae to mock him. 

In case you missed it, Rae hosted the longrunning sketch comedy series on Saturday and she took a shot at Kanye’s presidential campaign during her opening monologue

Later one, Rae played NAACP attorney Jamele Demmings in one sketch, where she’s joined by Kenan Thompson as news anchor J. Louis Tibbs and Ego Nwodim as a freelance writer named Lisa Crowder.

Thompson asked Rae’s character who she’s voting for in the upcoming election. Her response, “I’m voting for everybody Black.”

She then explained why, saying “For too long our people’s voices have not been heard. It’s our duty to stand together and take our power back.”

READ MORE: Kanye West is on the 2020 California Ballot as a VP Candidate Whether He Likes it Or Not

Rae’s character dosen’t care if the candidates have any experience, as long as they’re Black. But there’s one candidate she can not support, Kanye West. 

“Kanye? F- him!” she said.

On Sunday, West took to Twitter to criticize SNL for using Rae, Thompson and Nwodim to try to “hold other black people back.”

“Ive always said SNL uses black people to hold other black people back. My heart goes out to Issa Rae. I’m praying for her and her family. I know that the twenty years of service that I’ve paid in the entertainment field has furthered our ability to be more successful,” he wrote. 

Many Issa fans lit up Ye’s comments to defend her, with one Twitter user writing, “Something is seriously wrong with you Kanye. Issa Rae is a wonderful, conscious, “woke” African American actress. She gives back and is respected by her peers and fans alike. You on the other hand are the opposite, you loose more of our respect with each tweet.”

WATCH:

Continue Reading

The CultureCalendar: What's New & Black on TV

Trending