*Kevin Hart took to social media Tuesday to call out NBC News for using his photo on a story about Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt.
Hart’s image appears on a Facebook post about the outlet’s coverage on Bolt testing positive for COVID-19. The headline read: “Usain Bolt, the fastest man alive, tests positive for coronavirus.”
The comedian responded by capturing a screenshot the article and mocking the outlet on social media.
“No comment. I must of gotten really fast & tall overnight….I want to take advantage of this moment & race anybody in the world,” he wrote alongside the photo. “Sh*t just got real. I am also no longer doing comedy due to my Olympic training schedule.”
Check out Hart’s post below.
View this post on Instagram
No comment ??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️…..I must of gotten really fast & tall overnight….I want to take advantage of this moment & race anybody in the world. We can bet whatever….Shit just got real. I am also no longer doing comedy due to my Olympic training schedule….IM BACK BITCHES!!!!!! ??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️ P.S this is Disrespectful on so many levels….All you can do is laugh. Maybe the Covid 19 shrunk his legs & torso ??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️??♂️???
Hart went on to call the blunder “disrespectful.”
“P.S. This is disrespectful on so many levels,” he continued. “All you can do is laugh. Maybe the Covid 19 shrunk his legs & torso.”
NBC News later updated its Facebook post with a photo of the Jamaican sprinter.
“Correction: Due to a technical error, the social image on this post mistakenly featured a photo of comedian Kevin Hart,” the outlet wrote alongside the updated article. “In the content management system, a social image was not selected, and the system reverted to an image of Hart from an unrelated video. The display image has been corrected.”
Meanwhile, the eight-time Olympic gold medalist tested positive for COVID-19, a top Jamaican public health official confirmed Monday.
Bolt previously said on social media that he took a COVID-19 test on Saturday, one day after celebrating his 34th birthday.
“I’m trying to be responsible, so I’m going to stay in and stay away from my friends,” he said in the message posted Monday. “I’m having no symptoms (but) am going to quarantine myself.”
Stay Safe my ppl ?? pic.twitter.com/ebwJFF5Ka9
— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) August 24, 2020