Connect with us

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Mike Tyson: Boxer’s Exhibition Fight Against Roy Jones Jr. Delayed Until November

Published

on

Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson - Roy Jones Jr (Getty)

Mike Tyson – Roy Jones Jr (Getty)

*Mike Tyson’s return to the ring has reportedly been delayed.

Tyson’s highly anticipated exhibition fight against Roy Jones Jr. has been pushed from Sept. 12 to November.

An article on PEOPLE states: Tyson’s team wanted to move the fight date in order to maximize revenue. Meanwhile, organizers of the event are seeking more time to secure international television deals and to finalize details concerning their decision to air the event through traditional pay-per-view.

We previously reported, Tyson has been hinting at his return to the ring for a few months now.

Last month it was announced that the boxing champ will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an 8-round exhibition match that will be available on both pay-per-view and on social media platform Triller.

The fight – dubbed the Frontline Battle — will take place in Florida, TMZ reported.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Looting, Unrest Breaks Out in Chicago. The Loop Shutdown – Racial Tensions Flare / VIDEO


Tyson hasn’t fought since 2005, and Jones Jr.’s last fight was in 2018.

He posted a couple of training videos on Instagram in May, around the same time he announced his boxing comeback.

“Anything is possible when you are smart about it,” Tyson wrote via Instagram. “Train Smart. Recover Smarter.”

Tyson previously announced the launch of his  “Legends Only League,”  which supports older athletes hoping to return to their sports. 

“It’s always been a dream of mine to create, build, and honor athletes,” Tyson said in a statement. “All athletes live to follow their dreams and fight for excellence. It’s something that is inherent in each of us and that drive never goes away. Legends Only League will support athletes in their individual sports, creating some of the most epic competitions, products and live events in the world.”

The former heavyweight champion first hinted about his return to boxing during a conversation with rapper T.I. on Instagram Live.

“I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring. I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape,” Tyson told T.I., according to Yahoo Sports.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Alicia Keys Announces Launch of Her MasterClass [VIDEO]

Published

on

Alicia+Keys+62nd+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Inside+XysCagM2qLll
Alicia+Keys+Kobe+Bryant+Gianna+Bryant+Memorial+VY6n-BgKLeZl

Getty

*Alicia Keys has teamed with MasterClass to share her songwriting approach in an online-video class.

Keys’ class is available through the $180 annual subscription plan, which generally consists of more than 3 hours of lessons. The plan also gives users access to the full catalog of 90-plus classes.

Here’s more from AOL:

In the 19 video lessons, the 15-time Grammy winner will teach a class on songwriting and producing, in which she’ll share her philosophies on how to unlock authenticity, empathy and vulnerability.

Shot in her personal studio, Keys will take members through her entire process, starting with developing lyrics at the piano in the Live Room, recording and layering vocals in the Iso Booth, and finally, arranging sonics in the Control Room. 

READ MORE: Alicia Keys Performs in ‘Late Late Show’ Parking Lot for Show’s First Drive-In Concert (Watch)

“I cannot stress enough the power you have when you’re truly confident in yourself,” Keys said in announcing the class. “In my MasterClass, I’m excited to connect on a different level. We’re gonna talk about what I’ve learned, my process and how to access what’s inside of you, so you can connect and get it out into the world.”

Watch the trailer for Keys’ MasterClass course. 

Other music classes on MasterClass include: Usher, Christina Aguilera, Timbaland, St. Vincent, Sheila E., Danny Elfman, Reba McEntire, Jake Shimabukuro, Itzhak Perlman, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock and Hans Zimmer.

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Duchess Meghan Opens Up About Miscarriage: ‘I Tried to Imagine How We’d Heal’

Published

on

Meghan+Markle+Duke+Duchess+Sussex+Attend+Endeavour+D1we_uHoF85l (1)
Meghan+Markle+Duke+Duchess+Sussex+Attend+Endeavour+D1we_uHoF85l (1)

Getty

*Meghan, Britain’s Duchess of Sussex, revealed in an essay published in the New York Times on Wednesday that she suffered a miscarriage in July.

The former actress and wife of Prince Harry said the moment occurred while she was caring for her son Archie.

“I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second,” Meghan wrote, describing how she felt a sharp cramp, and dropped to the floor while holding her son. 

“Hours later, I lay in a hospital bed, holding my husband’s hand. I felt the clamminess of his palm and kissed his knuckles, wet from both our tears,” she wrote. “Staring at the cold white walls, my eyes glazed over. I tried to imagine how we’d heal.”

Meghan added: “Sitting in a hospital bed, watching my husband’s heart break as he tried to hold the shattered pieces of mine, I realized that the only way to begin to heal is to first ask, “Are you OK?”

READ MORE: ‘What Have You Done for Black People?’ Obama Sits Down in Person With The Breakfast Club (Watch)

“Losing a child means carrying an almost unbearable grief, experienced by many but talked about by few,” she wrote.

“In the pain of our loss, my husband and I discovered that in a room of 100 women, 10 to 20 of them will have suffered from miscarriage. Yet despite the staggering commonality of this pain, the conversation remains taboo, riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning,” Meghan continued.

The duchess is receiving an outpouring of love on social media, with author Elizabeth Day writing on Twitter: “Chrissy Teigen and the Duchess of Sussex speaking openly about something that historically has given women so much pain, shame and trauma, is a game-changing step.

“I, and countless others, am so grateful to them. Beyond that, I simply want to tell them: I am so, so sorry.”

Prince Harry reportedly told the royal family about his wife’s miscarriage in the summer and they were “very supportive,” a royal expert says, Newsweek reports. 

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Gabourey Sidibe is Engaged, Boyfriend Brandon Frankel ‘Put A Ring On It’

Published

on

Gabourey Sidibe - Brandon Frankel1 (IG)
Gabourey Sidibe - Brandon Frankel

Gabourey Sidibe – Brandon Frankel (Instagram)

*Gabourey Sidibe is off the market. 

Her boyfriend, Brandon Frankel, has proposed and the actress, 37, shared the exciting news on social media.

On Tuesday, she posted a video of the two together on Instagram, flashing her engagement ring. Check out the post below. 

READ MORE: Gabourey Sidibe Says After Oscar Nomination the ‘Seas Did Not Part’ for Her in Hollywood

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Gabby Sidibe 👸🏿 (@gabby3shabby)

“It’s weird that people think we’re already married but I guess our hearts and intentions for each other are just that clear to see,” Sidibe wrote. “My BFF proposed and now I get to hold him forever. The funniest man I’ve ever met. The sweetest human to exist. @brandontour made up a song for when i put my bonnet on at night. The second I look a bit stressed and overwhelmed, he jumps into action to take over what he can for me. Every moment with him is a joy.”

“He is the partner I thought I was too independent to need,” she continued. “I’ve learned so much about myself through him and I feel grateful and excited to learn more about the entire world with him by my side. My partner, my best friend, my cats’ daddy, my mans, my heart, my fiancé!!!”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Gabby Sidibe 👸🏿 (@gabby3shabby)

Frankel also shared the video, writing “I asked my best friend to marry me, and she said ‘YES’. So excited to spend the rest of my life with the most amazing, hilarious, beautiful, and inspiring woman I’ve ever known. I couldn’t imagine a life without you. We make the best team, and we make everything fun and memorable. I liked it, so I put a 💍 on it. Love you to the moon and back @gabby3shabby.”

According to The Daily Beast, Sidibe and Frankel have been dating since 2019.

Congrats to the happy couple!

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by BRANDON FRANKEL (@brandontour)

Continue Reading

Trending