Connect with us

News

TikTok Planning to Sue President Trump Over Executive Ban

Published

on

Donald Trump - side shot - GettyImages-1188927658-620x370
Donald Trump - gettyimages-1225253050

Donald Trump / Getty

*TikTok is reportedly planning to sue President Trump over the executive order he signed last week that bans the popular video sharing app in the United States. 

Sources tell NPR that TikTok plans to file the federal lawsuit on Tuesday, arguing that the executive ban is unconstitutional and pointless because Trump’s national security justifications are “baseless,” per Complex

“It’s based on pure speculation and conjecture,” the source said to NPR. “The order has no findings of fact, just reiterates rhetoric about China that has been kicking around.”

Trump signed an executive order on Thursday that blocks Americans and companies from making transactions with ByteDance, the Chinese company that owns TikTok. 

The ban goes into effect in 45 days, unless Microsoft or some other American company buys the app, Deadline reports.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Not Wanted! With 57k Signatures So Far, Fans Say REMOVE Kylie Kenner from ‘WAP’ Video!

In a letter to congressional leaders, Trump said that TikTok’s “data collection threatens to allow the Chinese Communist Party access to Americans’ personal and proprietary information — potentially allowing China to track the locations of Federal employees and contractors, build dossiers of personal information for blackmail, and conduct corporate espionage.”

“TikTok also reportedly censors content that the Chinese Communist Party deems politically sensitive, such as content concerning protests in Hong Kong and China’s treatment of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities,” Trump wrote. “TikTok may also be used for disinformation campaigns that benefit the Chinese Communist Party.”

TikTok slammed Trump’s executive order as “undermining the rule of law.”

“We are shocked by the recent Executive Order, which was issued without any due process,” the company wrote in a statement Friday morning. “For nearly a year, we have sought to engage with the US government in good faith to provide a constructive solution to the concerns that have been expressed. What we encountered instead was that the Administration paid no attention to facts, dictated terms of an agreement without going through standard legal processes, and tried to insert itself into negotiations between private businesses.”

Microsoft is in talks to buy TikTok, and said it would close negotiations by September 15.

Twitter is also reportedly interested in buying the app.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan Hit Lawsuit Over Khalifa Kush Cannabis Brand

Published

on

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan

*Rapper Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan have been hit with a lawsuit by one of the business partners of their cannabis brand Khalifa Kush. 

According to court documents provided by The Blast, the director and managing agent for Cuzzi Consulting, Inc., Carlos Arias, claims that Wiz and Strahan “pilfered more than $100,000,000 in assets from Nominal Defendants.” 

Arias’ lawsuit also claims a “breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting fiduciary breaches, conversion, corporate waste, tortious breach of an express or implied agreement, unjust enrichment, money had and received, professional negligence, civil conspiracy, and declaratory judgment arising out of Defendants’ wrongful conduct concerning the usurpation and misappropriation of assets from Nominal Defendants KKE USA and the Khalifa Kush Joint Venture.”

READ MORE: NYC Man Goes Off On Woman Who Cursed Out Black Child for Riding Bike On Sidewalk (Watch)

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Mr. Nice Guy (@wizkhalifa)

Arias’ lawsuit accuses Wiz of concocting the scheme with help from “his entourage who conspired with the illicit assistance of outside counsel Pryor Cashman” in order to “funnel the proceeds from to themselves and certain third party beneficiaries.”

The suit also alleges that Wiz and Strahan engaged in “wrongful conduct concerning the usurpation and misappropriation of assets” regarding Khalifa Kush. 

The lawsuit comes after Wiz launched his delivery-only restaurant, HotBox By Wiz, a partnership with Nextbite. The company serves comfort food to customers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and other cities, through Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, and Grubhub. 

WATCH:

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Alfonso Ribiero Explains Why He Missed ‘Fresh Prince’ Reunion with Janet Hubert

Published

on

Alfonso Ribeiro
Fresh Prince Reunion

Fresh Prince Reunion (Photo: Will Smith/Facebook/Instagram)

*Alfonso Ribeiro has opened up about why he wasn’t on set with original Aunt Viv, Janet Hubert, during the recent “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” reunion. 

The HBO Max special aired on Thursday, Nov 19 in celebration of the beloved comedy’s 30-year anniversary.

We previously reported… Hubert and Will  Smith reunited for the first time in 27 years for the reunion taping.

“After 27 years, being here today and having the conversation that Will and I had together, it’s healing,” Hubert said during her conversation with Smith, Today.com reports. 

Hubert originally played Aunt Viv for three seasons before she was replaced by Maxwell Reid. The actress previously criticized both the series and Smith, blaming him for her allegedly being blacklisted in Hollywood. Reports of a feud between the two stars have since circulated over the 27 years since.

READ MORE: Janet Hubert (Aunt Viv) Says Reuniting with Will Smith After 27 Years Was ‘Healing’

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Will Smith (@willsmith)


“We never really together publicly talk about Janet, and what happened, and for me it felt like I couldn’t celebrate 30 years of ‘Fresh Prince’ without finding a way to celebrate Janet,” Smith tells co-stars Reid, Karyn Parsons (Hilary), Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton), Tatyana Ali (Ashley), DJ Jazzy Jeff (Jazz) and Joseph Marcell (Geoffrey) in the reunion taping. 

Ribeiro, who played Carlton on the show, didn’t stick around for the emotional moment between Smith and Hubert. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, het claims he couldn’t be on set that day due to filming commitments with “America’s Funniest Home Videos”. 

“Unfortunately I had to go shoot that day. All of the social media content and the photographs were taken without me,” he said. “I literally did my own photo shoot on the couch so they could put me in the group photo. The actual special was filmed in one day, but all the other stuff was done on the other days.”

Meanwhile, Hubert also addressed speculation about why Ribeiro didn’t show up, telling fans to “let it go.”

Continue Reading

Blind Items

BLIND ITEM: The Broke Rapper

Published

on

blind item

rapper silouhette

*The following Blind Item comes from Hollywood insider Enty Lawyer. Please address all inquiries and complaints to the original source.

The one named always broke A- list rapper is going to use his new management company as a way to meet women and connect them with men. If any person he signs does have actual talent, he will have to turn them over to any of the dozens of people he owes money to.

Can you guess the always broke A- list rapper?

Continue Reading

Trending