*Migos rapper Takeoff is at the center of a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims he raped her at a party in Los Angeles in June. according to documents obtained by TMZ.
OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Family of Stephon Clark Irate After CA District Attorneys Urge NFL To Pull PSA (Watch)
Here’s more from the Los Angeles Times:
The suit, with the plaintiff filing anonymously, claims that the rapper (born Kirshnik Khari Ball) pursued her at a June 23 house party she attended with a Migos backup performer, called “Durel” in the suit. She claims that after Takeoff, 26, offered her marijuana and began a conversation, she declined his advances. After later running into her and Durel in a stairwell, Takeoff followed the plaintiff into an upstairs bedroom, where he allegedly raped her, the lawsuit says.
The alleged victim went to a hospital the same day of the attack, and staff observed “physical evidence of forceful rape.”
She filed a report with the LAPD later in the day, but so far no charges have been filed in the case.
The LA Times report notes that “the suit alleges sexual battery, assault and gender violence, among other claims.”
“Our client is in shock and fears retaliation from speaking out,” said the woman’s attorney, Neama Rahmani. “We don’t yet know all the facts nor who might have witnessed events that evening. We hope this lawsuit will prompt the police to quickly move forward and that through discovery we can uncover more evidence of what happened that night.”
Her attorney claims the lawsuit was filed in effort to put pressure on the ongoing criminal investigation.
The woman is seeking unspecified damages.