Connect with us

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Idris Elba: Actor Inks First-Look Deal with Apple TV+

Published

on

Idris+Elba+Premiere+Universal+Pictures+Fast+Crd_zkutpe7l
Idris+Elba+Day+UK+2020+Arrivals+fRH0dMf2rXcl

Getty

*Idris Elba has inked a first-look deal with Apple TV+.

According to Deadline, Elba will produce global series and feature films for the streaming service through his Green Door Pictures production company.

The company is behind such titles as Ricky Staub’s Concrete Cowboy, the comedy In The Long Run, and Quibi’s Elba vs Block. Green Door also produced the recently canceled Netflix comedy series Turn Up Charlie, per complex.

Jay Hunt, the woman who originally brought “Luther” to BBC, is now the European content chief at Apple, according to the report.

In related news, during a recent conversation with Sky News, Elba claimed there are talks in the works to turn his popular “Luther” series into a movie.

“I’ve made it very clear that I’d like to see Luther come back as a film,” Elba said. “And I can tell you this, that we are this close to making a film of Luther.”

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Naya Rivera Update: Body Recovered from Lake Piru – Press Conference Scheduled

“There isn’t a real formal plan for Luther at the moment,” he recently said during a Zoom event, per Sky News. 

Elba told the UK Metro back in 2018, “It will be more murder, more Volvos, more frowning Luther,” he said. “Essentially we just want to try and take it to a much bigger remit and scale and perhaps international as well.”

He previously revealed that the plan for the TV narrative has always been to grow it into to a movie.

“We are really advancing on getting a movie version [of the show] up on the screen,” he explained, adding “Luther has all the ingredients to echo those classic [neo-noir] films of the 90s like Seven and Along Came a Spider, and I think what we would like to do is use that blueprint to create Luther the film.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Jeannie is Back on ‘The Real’ with Details of Her Life-Threatening Medical Crisis! / WATCH

Published

on

Jeannie Mai (screenshot1)

*On Tuesday, Nov. 24, as co-host Adrienne Houghton says, “today’s the day!” The Real welcomes back co-host Jeannie Mai!

She has a lot to say about what she’s been doing while recuperating from throat surgery and how she realized she’d been prioritizing work over her health.

Jeannie Mai: Man, we already know how precious health is, but I am a workaholic and I do prioritize my work more than my health. And in this situation, I absolutely kind of just thought taking a steroid shot or just taking Theraflu or Dayquil would help cover it, because – I was in a competition, yo, and I was not going to let down. I really took that too seriously, more than my health, and then I – God taught me a lesson. So, um – it was a… the part that… Getting sick wasn’t the upsetting part, it was actually just being depressed because I let myself get to this, and for the last few weeks, I gotta be honest, I was pretty upset at myself, because everything ended. I stopped shooting my favorite talk show every day, and I had to step out of a competition, which I feel like I was doing good, and I could have staying in the running…

Adrienne Houghton: You were gonna win!

Jeannie: So, I’ve, I’ve just… thank you, Adrienne. I believe I could have too. But I didn’t give up!

Adrienne: I believe you were gonna win!

Jeannie: I really – I really appreciate that. I, I really learned a lesson. Being in a dark place where you actually just feel like you have no… you’re helpless – it’s the worst feeling ever. Like, you did it to yourself. And so, I take full responsibility.

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Erykah Badu Calls Ex André 3000 ‘One of My Best Friends’

Published

on

Erykah Badu, Andre 3000
Erykah Badu, Summer Walker - Rolling Stone

Erykah Badu, Summer Walker – Rolling Stone

*Erykah Badu has opened up about her relationship with ex-boyfriend, hip-hop star André 3000.

In a new Musicians on Musicians segment for Rolling Stone, Badu chops it up with singer Summer Walker, and recalled her relationship with the father of her 23-year-old son, Seven

“When we became boyfriend and girlfriend in the ‘90s, we didn’t become friends first. We were attracted to each other first,” she said. “We had stuff in common, but we didn’t learn all of that until over the years. We have a 23-year-old son. Over these years, we’ve just become closer and closer as friends, as humans, as man, as woman.”

She went on to say.. “He just left Dallas, actually. He came down for my grandma’s memorial. He’s one of my best friends on the planet,” she shared. “I care for him so very much, about his livelihood, his art, his feelings. And I’m a super big fan of him. I’m assuming he’s also a fan of my music. We’re really close.”

READ MORE:  Erykah Badu Tests COVID-positive in Her Left Nostril and ‘Negative’ in Right [VIDEO]

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Rolling Stone (@rollingstone)

Badu said she and Andre almost have a brother/sister dynamic. 

“We laugh all the time, talk about things. It’s brother and sister, it’s grandmother and grandson, it’s father and daughter. It’s so many different things depending on what the situation calls for,” she explained. 

Walker called their relationship “beautiful.”

Hear Badu tell it via the Instagram video embed above. 

In related news, Walker has confirmed fan speculation that she’s pregnant. 

She shared the big news Friday night in an Instagram post showing off her baby bump. Her baby daddy is said to be her longtime boyfriend, producer London on da Track.

Check out her baby bump post below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Summer Walker (@summerwalker)

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan Hit with Lawsuit Over Khalifa Kush Cannabis Brand

Published

on

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan

Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan

*Rapper Wiz Khalifa and Michael Strahan have been hit with a lawsuit by one of the business partners of their cannabis brand Khalifa Kush. 

According to court documents provided by The Blast, the director and managing agent for Cuzzi Consulting, Inc., Carlos Arias, claims that Wiz and Strahan “pilfered more than $100,000,000 in assets from Nominal Defendants.” 

Arias’ lawsuit also claims a “breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting fiduciary breaches, conversion, corporate waste, tortious breach of an express or implied agreement, unjust enrichment, money had and received, professional negligence, civil conspiracy, and declaratory judgment arising out of Defendants’ wrongful conduct concerning the usurpation and misappropriation of assets from Nominal Defendants KKE USA and the Khalifa Kush Joint Venture.”

READ MORE: NYC Man Goes Off On Woman Who Cursed Out Black Child for Riding Bike On Sidewalk (Watch)

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Mr. Nice Guy (@wizkhalifa)

Arias’ lawsuit accuses Wiz of concocting the scheme with help from “his entourage who conspired with the illicit assistance of outside counsel Pryor Cashman” in order to “funnel the proceeds from to themselves and certain third party beneficiaries.”

The suit also alleges that Wiz and Strahan engaged in “wrongful conduct concerning the usurpation and misappropriation of assets” regarding Khalifa Kush. 

The lawsuit comes after Wiz launched his delivery-only restaurant, HotBox By Wiz, a partnership with Nextbite. The company serves comfort food to customers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and other cities, through Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, and Grubhub. 

WATCH:

 

Continue Reading

Trending