Connect with us

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Crash Report Says ‘Little Women’ Star Ashley Ross Was at Fault in Fatal Car Accident

Published

on

Little Women Atlanta star Ashley 'Minnie' Ross

Ms. Minnie

*Authorities have determined that TV star Ashley “Minnie” Ross from the show “Little Women: Atlanta” was at fault in the car crash that took her life at age 34.

Ross was reportedly operating a vehicle that hit another car near Old National Highway in the ATL last month. She died nearly 24 hours after the incident.

“It is with profound sadness that we confirm on behalf of the family of Ashley Ross aka ‘Ms Minnie’ of Little Women Atlanta has succumbed to injuries from a tragic hit and run car accident today at the age of 34,” her management team confirmed on the star’s Instagram. “The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

The crash report obtained by TMZ on Wednesday states that Ross lost control of her car and went off-road briefly before colliding with another vehicle in the opposite lane. She was reportedly unresponsive on the scene, and no drug or alcohol tests were administered to either driver, per PEOPLE

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: New Mother’s Day-Themed RED TABLE TALK featuring Sandra Bullock is Ready Now – WATCH

A spokesperson for the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office tells PEOPLE, “Ms. Ross was hospitalized at Grady Memorial Hospital and her injuries were documented by both imaging studies and surgery. She did not undergo an autopsy or external examination at the FCME. There will not be a written autopsy/examination report. Her cause of death will be related to blunt force injuries incurred as a result of the motor vehicle accident once the Grady Memorial Hospital medical records are reviewed.”

Last week, the City of South Fulton Police Department issued a statement about the April 26 accident.

“The initial crash investigation shows that Ms. Ross was traveling south in a Nissan Sentra on Old National Highway,” read the statement. “Her car hit the right-side curb, crossed into the northbound lanes and struck a Ford Focus that was traveling north head-on. Ms. Ross received serious injuries and was transported to an area hospital for treatment, where she died Monday night. The driver of the other vehicle received minor injuries and was treated at the scene.”

Ross’ family will hold a memorial for the reality star on Saturday(May 9) at 1:30 p.m. ET, with a “celebration of life” streaming live at msminniemedia.com.  Check out the announcement via the Instagram post above. 

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Shonda Rhimes Says Clash Over Disneyland Ticket Lead to ABC Exit: ‘I Felt Like I Was Dying’

Published

on

Shonda+Rhimes+2019+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+t0dF-t7jjH8l
Shonda+Rhimes+Center+Theatre+Group+Kirk+Douglas+iWknwgZgnoUl

Getty

*Shonda Rhimes has detailed her decision to leave ABC and the straw that broke the camel’s back was a request for a Disneyland pass.

For 15 years, Rhymes created TV magic (and made history) at the network, with shows like “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Scandal,” and “How to Get Away with Murder.” She reportedly make more than $2 billion for Disney, but had a constant battle with ABC, which is owned by the studio. The writer producer tells The Hollywood Reporter that her creativity was limited at the network

“I felt like I was dying,” she said of her work producing nearly 70 hours of annual television. “Like I’d been pushing the same ball up the same hill in the exact same way for a really long time.”

The final nail in the coffin was hammered in 2017, over a pass to Disneyland. 

READ MORE: Black Woman Dubbed Trump’s ‘Nodding Lady’ Claims Trolls Are Targeting Her Employees

shonda rhimes - netflix

Here’s more from Us Weekly:

As part of her contract, the showrunner had an all-inclusive pass and had negotiated a second one for her nanny. However, her pass was not interchangeable so when her sister needed one to take Rhimes’ daughter to the park, she had to go back and forth with the network and was told, “We never do this” multiple times.

The park eventually issued her an extra pass — which would have cost $154 — but it didn’t work when her family arrived at the park. Rhimes then called a “high-ranking executive,” who allegedly asked her, “Don’t you have enough?”

With that, she called her lawyer and asked to exit ABC to go to Netflix. Rhimes later inked a deal with the streaming giant worth $150 million.

In August, she announced her new deal, saying, “Shondaland’s move to Netflix is the result of a shared plan [Netflix CEO] Ted Sarandos and I built based on my vision for myself as a storyteller and for the evolution of my company.”

Her statement continued, “Ted provides a clear, fearless space for creators at Netflix. He understood what I was looking for—the opportunity to build a vibrant new storytelling home for writers with the unique creative freedom and instantaneous global reach provided by Netflix’s singular sense of innovation.”

Shonda’s first two projects with Netflix include a documentary about Hollywood icon Debbie Allen (releasing Nov. 27) and the period drama “Bridgerton” (releasing Dec. 25).

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell Foundation Gets Official Website

Published

on

Prince Harry and wife Meghan

megan markle, prince harry

*Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have launched the website for their new Archewell foundation. 

Archwell.com went live on Wednesday, featuring an email sign-up form and contact information, along with a breakdown behind the meaning of the name. 

The royal couple announced the foundation in April, noting that the Archewell name is connected to their 1-year-old son Archie. 

“Like you, our focus is on supporting efforts to tackle the global COVID-19 pandemic, but faced with this information coming to light, we felt compelled to share the story of how this came to be,” the couple said in the statement.

READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Discuss the State of the Digital World with TIME100 Talks [WATCH]

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

“Before SussexRoyal came the idea of ‘arche’ — the Greek word meaning ‘source of action,’ ” they continued. “We connected to this concept for the charitable organization we hoped to build one day, and it became the inspiration for our son’s name. To do something of meaning, to do something that matters. Archewell is a name that combines an ancient word for strength and action, and another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon. We look forward to launching Archewell when the time is right.”

Since stepping down as senior members of the royal family, Harry and Megan have relocated to Los Angeles with their son. They have appeared in severa virtual conversations with various influencers and organizations, speaking out about the impact of social media and the importance of voting in the Nov. 3 presidential election.

Most recently, the dynamic duo hosted a specially curated edition of TIME100 Talks, where Harry and Meghan spoke about the state of the digital world.

“What our job is, especially throughout these conversations, is to get people to listen to the experts and for them to explain how what’s happening in the online world is affecting the world,” Harry said. “It is not restricted to certain platforms or certain social media conversations. This is a global crisis: a global crisis of hate, a global crisis of misinformation and a global health crisis.”

WATCH

Continue Reading

Black Celebrity Gossip - Gossip

Dr. Dre’s Wife Nicole Young Calls Him Out on ‘Ironclad Prenup’

Published

on

Dr Dre & Nicole Young1 (Getty)
Dr Dre & Nicole Young (Getty)

Dr Dre & Nicole Young (Getty)

*Dr. Dre’s wife Nicole Young has filed legal docs demanding he turn over the original version of the “ironclad prenup” at the center of their divorce battle. 

Here’s more from TMZ:

In the docs, she says Dre’s failed to produce the prenup even though the law is clear he must turn over all relevant financial, business and personal documents.

She says because Dre hasn’t produced it … she doesn’t know which version of the alleged prenup he’s referring to, and calls his refusal to share the info an “intentional abuse” of the divorce process.

Young, 50, filed for divorce over the summer after 24 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple married on May 25, 1996 and share two adult children, son Truice, 23, and 19-year-old daughter Truly.

READ MORE: Dr. Dre’s Wife Could Be Charged with Embezzlement Amid Divorce Battle

Dr Dre and Nicole Young in happier times

In his response to the divorce filing, Dre noted that the couple have a prenuptial agreement that he wants enforced.

The hip-hop mogul reportedly has no issue paying spousal support, but any distribution of property should be controlled by the prenup.

Young reportedly filed documents contesting the prenuptial agreement. 

“I was extremely reluctant, resistant and afraid to sign the agreement and felt backed into a corner. Given the extraordinary pressure and intimidation by Andre, I was left with no option but to hire a lawyer (of course, with the help of Andre’s team of professionals) and unwillingly signed the agreement very shortly before our marriage,” Young alleges in legal documents filed to the court, per TMZ

She claims they mutually decided to void the agreement two years later. 

“Andre acknowledged to me that he felt ashamed he had pressured me into signing a premarital agreement and he tore up multiple copies of the agreement in front of me,” Young claims in the  filing. “Since the day he tore up the agreements, we both understood that there was no premarital agreement, and that it was null and void.”

In her new filing, Young challenge Dre’s claim that he tore it up 22 years ago. Meanwhile, Dre denies ever tearing up the agreement. 

Continue Reading

TV Calendar: Coming to Small Screens

Trending