Sunday, December 5, 2021

Flavor Flav to Chuck D on His April Fools’ Day Firing Prank: ‘I Am Not Part of Your Hoax’

Flavor Flav attends producer Wade Martin's premiere of music videos by Flavor Flav and Coolio, the first ever to use full-HD virtual reality technology, at STK at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on September 1, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada
Flavor Flav attends producer Wade Martin’s premiere of music videos by Flavor Flav and Coolio, the first ever to use full-HD virtual reality technology, at STK at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on September 1, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada

*Ok, we gotta ask, “what that hell is going on?!” Yep, Chuck D and maybe even Flavor Flav … have got some serious ‘splainin’ do.

As you recall, last month the Public Enemy leader told the world that the world’s greatest hype man, Flavor Flav was out of the aggregation. But then, this past Wednesday, April Fools Day, he said it was a joke. A hoax.

MORE NEWS: Ayesha Curry Announces Launch of Lifestyle Magazine ‘Sweet July’

Well, not so fast ’cause Flav says don’t believe the hype.

“I am not part of your hoax,” Flav tweeted in response to D’s interview with Talib Kweli and People’s Party, in which he said that his claims that Flav was bounced from the group was not a hoax, per se, but a way to “get your attention.”

In Chuck’s interview, he went on to note that Flav is a “partner” in PE, so he can’t be fired and then said they were about to release the “most significant hip-hop record of our time” with their upcoming album.

On the other hand, Flav doesn’t appear to be on board for any of it. In his tweet, he added …

“@mrchuckd,,, there are more serious things in the world right now than April Fool’s jokes and dropping records,,,the world needs better than this,,,you say we are leaders so act like one.”

Flav’s tweet also encouraged people to help those in need by donating to the MusicCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.

MORE NEWS: Baby Phat Drops ‘Courtside Capsule’ Collection + Launches COVID-19 Initiative


As of this posting, Chuck D nor anyone from his camp has responded to Flav’s response.

Last month, Flav sent a cease-and-desist order to the Bernie Sanders campaign after catching wind that Public Enemy Radio was booked to perform at a March 1 Sanders presidential rally in Los Angeles and that the ads featured his likeness.

Chuck D said at the time that the offshoot group PE Radio would be “moving forward without Flavor Flav,” thanking him for his “35 years of service,” seemingly confirming that the latest lawsuit from Flav was the last straw.

Like we asked up top, “what that hell is going on?!”

We hate to say it, but Chuck D ‘s got credibility issues, now.

 

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV

TRENDING