Connect with us

crime

Ex-con Murders Mom and Daughter 23 Years Apart, Then Drowns Himself

Published

on

Martha McKay and Travis Lewis

Martha McKay and Travis Lewis

*Travis Lewis, 39, was paroled in 2018 after he spent over two decades in prison for the 1996 murder of an Arkansas woman and her nephew. 

Upon his release, Lewis returned to the family’s historical Snowden House in Horseshoe Lake to kill the woman’s daughter, Martha McKay.  Now the town is reeling after tragedy struck the same family twice — both times at the hands of the same killer, PEOPLE reports. 

When he was 16-years-old, Lewis fatally shot 75-year-old Sally Snowden McKay and her nephew, Lee Baker, 52, on Sept. 10, 1996. On Wednesday (March 26), the ex-convict returned to the upscale neighborhood to murder the Sally’s daughter, Martha, 63, and then drowned himself after attempting to flee from police.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Rapper Joyner Lucas Reenacts Iconic Will Smith Material in Tribute Video ‘Will’ (Watch)

When police responded to an alarm at the Snowden House, McKay was found dead inside from multiple stab wounds. Lewis reportedly jumped from an upstairs window and ran to his vehicle. As he drove across the property, the car got stuck in the yard, so he “jumped from the car and ran and jumped into the lake,”  Crittenden County Sheriff Mike Allen said in a statement.

“He was observed going under the water and never came back up,” Allen said in a news release. “The Arkansas Game and Fish and Crittenden County Search and Rescue were called, and Game and Fish used their sonar equipment and Search and Rescue was able to locate and recover the body of the suspect.”

Using sonar equipment, a search and rescue team was able to locate and recover Lewis’s body.

Authorities are now investigating why he killed McKay. His parents once lived on a property on Horseshoe Lake owned by the Snowden family, the Commercial Appeal has reported.

Allen told Dateline there were reports that Martha had been in touch with Lewis during his time in prison, and after he was released, NBC News reports. 

“I think it was her mission to find out what happened to her mother, and to find out if someone else was involved,” Sheriff Allen said.

After the 1996 murders, Lewis was paroled in 2018 after serving 23 years of his 28 year sentence.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crime

Gang Illegally Selling ED Drugs Online Busted

Published

on

Illegal ED Drugs1
Illegal ED Drugs

Illegal ED Drugs

*MUNICH—A major illegal distributor of erectile dysfunction drugs on the internet has been busted in a joint operation involving Spanish, pan-European and U.S. authorities.

The raids took place a variety of cities in Spain, where the gang had many of its operations.

The items seized by authorities which include erectile dysfunction drugs. (Newsflash)

Police started investigating the group  — which is reported to be one of the biggest worldwide distributors of illegal pharmaceuticals  — three years ago and found that along with ED drugs, members had branched out into selling other pharmaceuticals illegally, including Covid-19 and HIV medications.

Authorities said the gang had amassed a client base that in Spain alone involved a network of 6,000 regular customers, most of whom acted as dealers. The firm dealt with its clients via the so-called “dark web” and took payments in untraceable cryptocurrencies.

The ringleader is a German man based in Singapore, whose identity and age were not revealed. He was arrested with a business partner in Munich on Oct. 13. Specifics on where the two are being held and what charges they face were not immediately available.

Spanish police said that the major drugs bust was possible thanks to cooperation with customs officials in Munich, as well as the Bamberg Public Prosecutor’s Office in Germany, EUROPOL and authorities in the U.K. and U.S.

 

After starting to investigate the gang in 2017, authorities made the first round of arrests in January 2018. At that time, 25 people were taken into custody and 12 different locations were searched.

The items seized by authorities in Munich which include erectile disfunctoin drugs illegally sold. (Newsflash)

That bust also recovered 500,000 doses of 62 different types of medication that were being sold illegally because they were not authorized for sale over the internet.

They also recovered 320,000 euros (roughly $375,000 U.S.) in bank accounts and a total of 23,000 euros (about $27,000 U.S.) in cash and 65,000 euros (nearly $77,000 U.S.) in cryptocurrencies.

Electronic devices found during the raids allowed the police to discover that the drugs were being imported from India and Singapore through postal services and international parcel companies. The substances were then distributed in Spain through the dark web, using illegal virtual pharmacies.

It was thanks to the analysis of the devices seized in the first raid that the German gang leader was identified. He was a well-established businessman in Singapore who ran a huge infrastructure for the illicit distribution of drugs.

From January last year, the investigation switched focus on the German ringleader and the Spanish operation. In Spain, the gang mainly operated in selling ED drugs, but in other countries, they dealt in antibiotics, cancer medication, drugs allegedly capable of battling the COVID-19 virus and HIV medication.

The series of raids on this occasion recovered goods worth 1.5 million euros (just under $1.8 million U.S.), three high-end vehicles, electric cars, luxury watches, cryptocurrencies worth 600,000 euros (about $710,000 U.S.) and computer equipment.

The sale of these drugs in Spain and most other countries is carefully regulated, so any potential side effects can be monitored by medical professionals.

Worldwide, legal sales of such ED drugs as Viagra and Cialis currently total about 4.25 billion euros ($5 billion U.S.) and are expected to reach 5.9 billion euros ($7 billion U.S.) by 2024, according to Zion Market Research.

(Edited by Matthew Hall and Carlin Becker)



The post Gang Illegally Selling ED Drugs Online Busted appeared first on Zenger News.

Continue Reading

crime

Trial of Nipsey Hussle’s Alleged Killer, Eric Holder, Delayed Due to COVID

Published

on

eric-holder-suspect-in-nipsey-husssle-shooting

*The trial for Eric Holder, the alleged killer of Nipsey Hussle, has been delayed for at least 90 days due to COVID-19 concerns, according to New York Daily News.

“I really don’t how we can realistically expect to see this case go to trial anytime in the next 90 days or more,” the report quotes Judge Robert J. Perry as saying. “Mr. Holder, I don’t know what to tell you except that the court system and this county are plagued by a sickness that we call the COVID virus, and the court system has been very much impacted. You have the right to a speedy trial. What counsel is suggesting is that we have you come back on the 21st of January and see where we are and try to have a trial within 30 days of the 21st, but you’ve heard my comments, I don’t think that’s going to happen.”

The judge confirmed that Holder is being held in isolation, UPROXX reprots. 

We previously reported, Holder, 29, is accused of fatally shooting the beloved rap star outside his clothing store in Los Angeles in 2019.

READ MORE: Obama-Produced Netflix Comedy Loosely Based on Trump and ‘How Government Actually Works’


According to TMZ, Holder became enraged when Nipsey talked back to him after he fired off two shots that hit the L.A. native.

Here’s more from the outlet:

Sources at the scene of Nipsey’s murder tell us … after Eric Holder allegedly shot Nipsey twice and the rapper fell to the ground, Nipsey raised his head and said something to the effect of, “You shot me, you got me, I’m good.”

We’re told Holder — who had already started to walk away — turned around and walked back in Nipsey’s direction when he realized the rapper was still alive. That’s when Holder fired additional shots at Nipsey … those bullets, eyewitnesses believe, that killed him.

At the time of his death, Nipsey Hussle was 33 was working on several civic development projects to renew his Los Angeles neighborhood. For this reason, Holder claims was paid to kill Nipsey, according to unconfirmed reports. 

As noted by RollingOut: This claim has been published by media outlets, Lipstick Alley, Hip-hop Wired, Daily Motion and others, based on unconfirmed sources from an Instagram post. According to these sources, Holder has stated that he was propositioned by someone in the Los Angeles Police Department to assassinate Nipsey Hussle. This alleged proposition was that Holder would receive $75,000 and would not be charged.

Continue Reading

crime

Manager of Maryland Bowling Alley Beaten After Asking Patrons to Wear Masks

Published

on

bowl-america


*The manager of a Maryland bowling alley was brutally assaulted after he asked some patrons to wear face masks. 

The incident went down at Bowl America in Glen Burnie. According to Anne Arundel police, the manager asked several patrons to leave on Saturday because they refused to obey the mask policy, NBC News reports. The state requires masks to be worn in public spaces amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

One of the men pushed the manager when he was asked to leave. When the manager escorted the group outside, he was pushed to the ground and hit and kicked by the men while he was down.

The manager was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, police said.

No arrests have been made and police have turned to the public asking anyone with information on the case to contact authorities.

READ MORE: Leslie Jones: ‘He Don’t Know What the F**k That Chart Say’ (Watch)

IHOP logo

The incident is similar to the one that occurred last month out of Queens, when a man who wanted to dine in at an IHOP without a face covering went on a violent attack after he was denied service. 

CBS New York reports that a female employee had to get stitches after the man went to town on the staff with a knife.

The incident happened at an IHOP on Hillside Avenue. 

A 40-year-old female employee was cut in her arm, which required stitches.

According to TMZ, surveillance video captured the horrifying scene, showing the guy “charge past a table and other waiting customers … apparently trying to get at someone off-camera. The guy reaches over and grabs something from his friend — cops say it was a knife — and then chases some workers through the restaurant. Toward the end of the video, he actually swings at someone before booking it,” the outlet writes. 

Watch the video report below.

Continue Reading

Trending