Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Baby Archie to Spend Summer Vacation with Queen Elizabeth II

prince harry, meghan markle

*Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and baby Archie are have accepted an initiation from Queen Elizabeth II to spend the summer with her at her Scottish holiday home, Balmoral.

Meghan and Harry previously turned down the queen’s invitation to her Scottish Highlands getaway last year.

Fans of the couple are excited about this reported royal family reunion, following Meghan and Harry’s exit as senior royals on March 31.

The visit would mark Meghan and Archie’s first-ever trip to Balmoral castle.

The couple may also spend time in Meghan’s hometown of Los Angeles over the summer, where her mother Doria resides.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:  L.A. City Hall Honors Author Larry Pye Among Others At An Evening With African American Authors

WATCH: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle appeared together at an official engagement on Thursday night – the first time since January’s announcement that they would step away from their royal duties. pic.twitter.com/kxFvhvfiIf

— NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt (@NBCNightlyNews) March 6, 2020

“This is what Meghan and Harry have always wanted — to create their own life,” a royal insider recently told PEOPLE. “It’s got to feel like an immense relief to get out of the U.K. and go down their own path.”

“They love being in Canada, but they are looking at houses in L.A. too,” a source previously said. “They’ll likely have houses in both places.”

During their recent trip to the U.K., Harry and Meghan carried out their final round of royal engagements before retreating back to Canada.  They have been living in the country since they first announced news of their royal exit earlier this year. 

Meanwhile, the Times reported in January that Queen Elizabeth is “very sad” that she and other members of the royal family have not had much time to bond with Archie since his birth last May. 

The publication also claims the Queen was “disappointed” when Harry and Meghan turned down her invite to Balmoral last September. 

In related news, Meghan and Harry will lose their Canadian police protection come March 31, when they will no longer be active royals.  The Canadian government previously announced that they will no longer provide the couple with security while they live in the country. 

The decision follows Harry and Meghan’s January announcement that they are stepping back as senior royals , and will therefore give up their royal titles. They intend to split their time between North America and the United Kingdom. 

Ny MaGee
Ny MaGee is a screenwriter and freelance reporter from Chicago -- currently living in Los Angeles and covering A-list entertainment for various outlets, including Emmys.com. She has worked for: Miramax, MTV & VH1, The Jim Henson Company, Hallmark Channel, Paramount Pictures, and for iconic indie film producer Roger Corman.

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV


TRENDING