*President Donald Trump received some good news on the medical front. On Saturday, his doctor confirmed he has tested negative for coronavirus.
During a press briefing Saturday afternoon, Trump said that he had been tested on Friday night. In fact, it was reporters pressing him on the issue at Friday’s coronavirus briefing because he come in contact with at least three people who later tested positive for the virus.
On Saturday evening, the President’s physician Sean Conley released a letter in which he confirmed the results of Trump’s test had returned negative and that he remains symptom-free.
“This evening, I received confirmation that the test is negative,” he wrote.
BREAKING: White House doctor says President Trump has tested negative for COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/wjU4UZ1MYX
— Yamiche Alcindor (@Yamiche) March 14, 2020
Earlier, on Friday evening, Dr. Conley had claimed in a letter that tTrump, 73, is low-risk despite his age and his previous contact with people who tested positive.
“One week after having dinner with the Brazilian delegation in Mar-a-Lago, the President remains symptom-free,” Saturday’s letter from Conley continued.
“I have been in daily contact with the CDC and the White House coronavirus task force, and we are encouraging the implementation of all their best practices for exposure reduction and transmission mitigation.”
It comes as no surprise that the results were met with delight from the president’s family with first son Donald Trump Jr. tweeting: ‘Negative!!!’