*Two women who have accused Cuba Gooding Jr. of sexual misconduct will be allowed to testify at his trial in April, on charges that he groped several women at Manhattan bars in 2018 and 2019.
An April 21 trial date has been set for Gooding in his sexual misconduct case. We previously reported, 22 women have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against the actor.
One woman claims he groped, forcibly kissed her and ripped her tights at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. She was able to escape Gooding’s grasp when she bit his cheek and ran away, Complex reported.
OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: ‘The Clark Sisters: The First Ladies of Gospel’ Bio-pic Coming to Lifetime this Spring
Cuba Gooding Jr. arrives for judge’s decision on how many women can testify against him on groping charges https://t.co/j5YchSHTE4
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) January 23, 2020
Back in 2011, Gooding Jr. allegedly told a woman: “I know you want to be an actress; I can ruin you” after she refused to let him put his hand down her pants. Last year, he allegedly told another woman to “sit on my face, pee in my mouth, and pee all over me,” the report states.
Prosecutors said this week that they had 19 additional women who could testify that the Oscar-winning actor was inappropriate with them in incidents that date as far back as 2001, abc.com reports.
Judge Curtis Farber in a written ruling, said “the admission of all 19 uncharged prior incidents would result in undue prejudice.” He added that admitting a “limited selection of incidents outweighs such prejudice.”
Gooding has denied the charges.
His defense attorney, Mark Heller, has called the charges a “distorted overreaction pandering to the current hypersensitive climate where innocent commonplace gestures are now misperceived and mischaracterized as offensive.”