Monday, March 8, 2021

Prince Harry Rushed #Megxit Announcement to Avoid Meghan Markle ‘Meltdown’

US actress Meghan Markle visits Nottingham for her first official public engagement with fiancee Prince Harry on December 1, 2017 in Nottingham, England. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement on Monday 27th November 2017 and will marry at St George's Chapel, Windsor in May 2018.
US actress Meghan Markle visits Nottingham for her first official public engagement with fiancée Prince Harry on December 1, 2017 in Nottingham, England. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement on Monday 27th November 2017 and will marry at St George’s Chapel, Windsor in May 2018.

*With wild rumors spreading online that the British monarchy was plotting to give Duchess Meghan the ol’ Princess Diana treatment, the former actress was said to be on the brink of a “meltdown” if she remained in the UK — so Prince Harry rushed to announce their plans to flee the country, the Sun on Sunday reported.

Markle is currently residing in Canada, where she filmed seven seasons of the legal drama “Suits” in Toronto. Prince Harry is in England, where he is expected to meet with his father Prince Charles, brother Prince William and Queen Elizabeth II on Monday to discuss he and his wife’s plans to step down as senior members of the family.  

The couple announced last week their plan to minimize their role as full-time royals.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Jamie Foxx Wants Eddie Murphy to Join His Standup Comedy Tour [VIDEO]

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

“The statement was rushed out and part of the reason for that is that Harry knew he needed to take swift action,” a palace source told the Sun, Page Six reports. 

“Meghan has not settled in the UK and he knows that and wants her to be happy.

“And it got worse recently, with their spell in Canada helping cement her view that the family would be better off out of the spotlight and spending more time there.

“He feared staying in the UK too long would lead Meghan to have a meltdown,” the source added. “That’s why things moved so quickly.”

Meanwhile, Page Six previously reported that Oprah Winfrey was advising the couple on their #megxit plans, which the media mogul has denied. Now the outlet claims Prince Harry confronted David Beckham over Markle story ‘leaks’. 

via Page Six:

Prince Harry once confronted David Beckham over fears that his pop star wife, Victoria, was leaking stories about the royal’s then-fiancée, Meghan Markle. 

Former Spice Girls star Victoria, 45, may have been leaking to the press in Dec. 2017 when articles appeared saying the pair were becoming best friends.

Meghan was “really pleased” with recommendations Posh Spice made for facialists, hairdressers and stylists to use on her then-move to London, reports at the time said.

“Meghan was furious,” a source told The Sun.

Meanwhile, it’s worth noting the interesting timing of Winfrey pulling out of her controversial Russell Simmons doc as the royal couple is allegedly ready to tell-all to the media

Ny MaGee
Ny MaGee is a screenwriter and freelance reporter from Chicago -- currently living in Los Angeles and covering A-list entertainment for various outlets, including Emmys.com. She has worked for: Miramax, MTV & VH1, The Jim Henson Company, Hallmark Channel, Paramount Pictures, and for iconic indie film producer Roger Corman.

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV


TRENDING