*O.J. Simpson is suing the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the hotel that banned him in November 2017, alleging that employees defamed him by telling TMZ he had been drunk and disruptive.
Simpson, who was on parole in Nevada for a 2008 conviction for armed robbery, kidnapping and assault with a weapon, filed the lawsuit Thursday against Nevada Property 1 LLC, corporate owner of the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, ABC News reports.
We previously reported… Simpson hit up the establishment for a bit of post-prison excitement but was reportedly kicked-out and banned for being drunk and disruptive.
OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Birdman Tries to Block Debt Collector from Seizing His Assets in $20M Court Battle
Even when you’re bad you can win. pic.twitter.com/VovL9vtuLn
— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) November 11, 2019
The disgraced Hall of Famer denies causing a scene at the casino’s Clique bar on Nov. 8. His lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, claims casino workers concocted a “fake reason” to kick out Simpson, according to a Dec. 29 letter obtained by the Daily News.
LaVergne wrote the “false and malicious allegations” were aimed to profit off a media tip while embarrassing Simpson and jeopardizing his parole status.
Simpson denied in the lawsuit that he was “belligerent,” broke glass or damaged property.
The defamation complaint noted how Simpson’s parole officer administered drug and alcohol tests on the former NFL star following the TMZ report. He was found to not have violated probation “and ultimately determined that the Cosmopolitan’s assertions against Simpson were false,” the complaint said.
LaVergne said Simpson’s reputation was damaged by “hotel staff” accusations that were cited in a TMZ report that OJ “was drunk and became disruptive” at the resort’s Clique bar.
“We’ve got a lawsuit. We’ll see how things play out,” LaVergne said.