Saturday, January 29, 2022

Kelly Rowland’s Girl Group June’s Diary Slams Singer for Abandoning Them

june's diary

*Inquiring minds want to know whatever happened to Kelly Rowland’s girl group June’s Diary?

June’s Diary was formed by Rowland and director/choreographer Frank Gatson Jr. on the reality series “Chasing Destiny” in 2016. The group consists of members Kristal Lyndriette Smith, Ashly Williams, Brienna DeVlugt, Gabrielle “Gabby” Carreiro and Shyann Roberts. They signed a deal with L.A. Reid’s record label Epic Records, and supported various artists on tours, such as R. Kelly, Xscape and Jussie Smollett.

The group released a few singles in 2016 and seem to have gone quiet since.

After LA Reid exited Epic Records, the ladies were dropped from the label. Now they claim Rowland hasn’t been around to help them bounce back.

In a recent interview, Kristal was asked about the group’s relationship with the Destiny’s Child singer.

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Wendy Williams Claims a ‘Parade of Men’ Wanna Hook Up Amid Divorce from Kevin Hunter

“No [she’s not involved],” Kristal said. “She kinda wanted to take on a thing of her own. Kelly was trying to put out music prior and I think Chasing Destiny really gave her the confidence to just go out there and do it again, work on an album and work on her project. But, you know, it gave us wings, and we were like, ‘Alright, Kelly’s not here, so we gotta figure this out.'”

Kristal said the group expected much more help from Rowland.

“It didn’t work out that way, but, I think it worked out for us with our creativity and our bonding and us figuring each other out and really having to gel together and get it together. So, even though we did want her to be more involved, we love her and wish her the best in whatever her endeavors are. We started with her. Without her, we wouldn’t be here. It’s literally like college. You send your kids off to college, you got to let them grow up and do their own thing. And we appreciate her.”

Meanwhile, in related news, British singer Boy George recently stormed off the set of “The Voice” Australia after fiery clash with Kelly.

In a new teaser for the upcoming eighth season, the Culture Club frontman is heard saying: “I’m not going back.”

The pair reportedly had a heated moment while trying to convince a singer to choose them as a mentor.

“Say something George,” snapped Kelly, prompting Boy George to tell the contestant: “She’s full of promises.”

Rowland responded: “And what are you full of?”

Boy George then stormed off the stage.

“Kelly won last year, so she probably won’t win this year,” he says.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph on Sunday, Kelly noted that all of the coaches are “really competitive” behind the scenes.

She claims George is “itching for a win.”

Ny MaGee
Ny MaGee is an entertainment reporter with over 15 years of experience working in the film industry in areas including production and post-production, marketing, distribution, and acquisitions. She has worked for legendary film producer Roger Corman, Quentin Tarantino's production team at Miramax, the late Larry Flynt, MTV/ VH1, Hallmark Channel, Paramount, Jim Henson Co., Parade Magazine, and various LA-based companies representing above-the-line talent.

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV

TRENDING