Saturday, March 6, 2021

Trey Songz’s Alleged Assault Victim Granted Restraining Order

Trey Songz backstage at the 2017 BET Awards at Microsoft Theater on June 25, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.
Trey Songz backstage at the 2017 BET Awards at Microsoft Theater on June 25, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

*The woman who says Trey Songz attacked her during NBA All-Star Weekend has obtained a restraining order, her lawyer said.

“This morning we were granted a temporary restraining order against singer Trey Songz on behalf of our client, a woman who alleges that he punched her in the face with a closed fist, choked her, knocked her to the ground and threw away both of her phones so that she could not call for help, on February 17, 2018 in Hollywood,” attorney Lisa Bloom told Page Six in a statement Tuesday evening.

“After the incident my client went to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with a concussion and multiple contusions, and filed a police report. She has a number of photos of bruises all over her body. We are actively cooperating with the authorities in Los Angeles as well as Detroit, where Mr. Songz reportedly is currently on probation for assaulting a police officer,” she continued.

Bloom said that a hearing on a permanent restraining order has been set for later this month where the alleged victim will testify.

“There’s no excuse for violence against women. It must stop,” Bloom wrote on Twitter confirming that the restraining order had been granted.

Meanwhile, Songz’s attorney, Shawn Holley, has previously stated that the singer has not interacted with the accuser since the alleged incident in February.

“Trey has not spoken with [her] nor has he attempted to speak with her since the night of the gathering,” she said.

YOU MAY LIKE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV


TRENDING