Connect with us

Apple News

Steve Harvey Fires Entire Chicago Crew Before Move to LA: Report

Published

on

Steve Harvey

image via Twiter

*Steve Harvey is reportedly laying off his Chicago staff after five years together, and hiring a new crew for his L.A. based show that launches in September.

Radar Online reports that Harvey’s new show is simply titled “Steve,” and he “hurt” a lot of people who have worked for him for years when he didn’t offer them jobs at the new gig.

Many current staffers were willing to make the move with Harvey, but according to an insider, they won’t get that chance.

“He didn’t offer interviews to many people who have been with him since beginning, and hurt lots of people who would move on their own to LA to be part of the new show,” one staffer told Radar. “Steve never even addressed the staff about it. He never said a word about them all losing their jobs. These are die-hard loyal staff members.”

OTHER NEWS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: Halle Berry Added to VH1’s ‘Dear Mama: An Event to Honor Moms’

apollo host

Harvey, who also serves as host of the NEW “Showtime at the Apollo”series on FOX, didn’t even have the courage to deliver the bad news to his staff himself — he made one of his underlings do it, the insider claimed.

“The staff were told by the Executive Producer, not Steve,” the insider said. “The EP said that Steve would talk to them and then he never did. Not even an email saying ‘thanks for what you do’, or ‘good luck.’”

Other insiders say Harvey grew tired of his daily commutes from Chicago to Hollywood to host other shows like “Little Big Shots.”

“Steve likes the weather better in LA,” a source said.

“As I embark on this new adventure, I’m excited to explore everything Los Angeles has to offer for this new show,” Harvey says in the release. “STEVE is going to be different than my current daytime show. The new location will allow me to welcome more celebrity guests and more importantly, let me do what I enjoy doing best, being funny!”

Will you be tuning in to Steve’s new show when it launches later this year?

33 Comments

33 Comments

1. Taurusingr

May 7, 2017 at 5:19 pm

That is foul Steve!! It hurts getting laid off. I have been fired only 3 times in my life but each time was very painful. We got to do better FAm!!! SMH

2. Connie

May 8, 2017 at 6:39 am

Nope will not be watching Steve, just like I don’t listen to him radio broadcast.

3. Melody Harmony

May 8, 2017 at 6:51 am

No, I won’t be watching. I stopped listening to him back in January . . . don’t watch any of his shows any more . . . and he’s not as funny as he thinks he is.

4. Bill

May 8, 2017 at 7:53 am

Steve has made it, but now he has turned into phucking “Dosh bag….Phuck Steve Harvey’s over rated ass. I use to like him…but now PHUCK HIM.

5. Yvonne Hancock

May 8, 2017 at 8:20 am

I think Steve has forgotten where he came from and probably has been laid off n jobs before he made it big… shame on you Steve imagine how you would have felt. Just remember what goes up eventually comes down. No I will not watch the show, no after that.

6. Shametha

May 8, 2017 at 10:43 am

Steve, the same people you meet on your way up the ladder to bigger and better, just might be the same people you meet when your coming down…You never know who you might need..This is truly sad. No I will not be watching anything that has to do with you. I pray for all the staff that they find jobs.

7. Kent Smythe

May 8, 2017 at 11:07 am

Steve Harvey is dead to me now. I won’t watch this pretend “nice guy” ever again. Typical show biz dirtbag

8. Jacqueline

May 8, 2017 at 11:20 am

WTH…..I just can not believe that he didn’t offer them job in the new location – a lot of people would be happy to move from Te Windy City especially to keep a job. Oh no bro – you need to come better than that to keep those resting up…Rethink this situation and make it right – your grandmother would be so ashamed of you right now… Make her proud…Offer the job and move them – you give away more money than it would cost to move staff that YOU claim to be family…☹️?

9. Linda

May 8, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I am NOT a bit surprised Lind

10. NanaRose

May 8, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I’ve slowly watched less and less – and i agree. he isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. and now NBC is the Steve Harvey network. I’m DONE. Chicago / Illinois is going through a lot right now. for him to not address the staff at all? COWARDLY and short sighted.

11. Savannah Rivers

May 8, 2017 at 5:36 pm

No I do not watch him now and I will never watch his show. Steve showed his true colors a long time ago when he changed the name of the Hoodie awards to apease his white followers and make them comfortable. He better be careful how he treats people because just as fast as they gave it to you they will take it away even quicker. Oh yeah and he has never been funny. I don’t listen to his radio show, I use to love family feud but stop watching when he took over and I do not watch any of his other shows. Shame on him.

• gunslingahRochelle

May 9, 2017 at 3:54 pm

THAT’S what I said years ago!! I was like “the neighborhood awards” lmbo smh!

12. Rick Shaw

May 8, 2017 at 7:14 pm

He was cool when he started. I stopped liking Steve after reading his first book. I was like, WFT, what kind of BS is he trying to fill our women’s heads with. The second book I disliked even more. I never really listed to his radio show but once he met with and started agreeing with Frump, I was done with him. This latest action only confirms what I believed about him. I agree with getting your money but don’t forget the ones that helped you get it.

13. Marsha P Harris

May 8, 2017 at 8:34 pm

well all i have to say is you could have offer your workers a job best to you but never ever stop remeber where you come from if it one from us people you would have never had the show

14. Ricky

May 9, 2017 at 3:52 am

Guess what Steve…… Let you in on a little SECRET…. YOUR NOT FUNNY AT ALL…. GOOD LUCK CAUSE LA WILL EAT YOU ALIVE…. FUNNY THAT!!!!!!

15. Mv Cassidy

May 9, 2017 at 5:27 am

I keep telling folks this man is and will always be shady. It’s in his eyes #EyesDontLie

16. Ron

May 9, 2017 at 5:55 am

Hell No – You can take the “N” out of the Country, but you can’t take the Country out of the “N” !!!!!

17. LaVerne Law

May 9, 2017 at 9:01 am

I am hoping this is not true and is fake news. If it is true, I am so disappointed in Steve Harvey. We all must remember to treat people as we want to be treated. We must do things “in decency and in order”.

18. Clayton Grant

May 9, 2017 at 9:34 am

So that’s what Steve learned from his meeting with Trump…….how to fire people.

19. tallpaul7

May 9, 2017 at 9:38 am

just another Uncle Tom step and fetch it house negro. sooner or later karma will hurt him bad

20. JoAnn Harris

May 9, 2017 at 11:02 am

A lot of companies don’t take you with them when they moved. Happened to me twice. I won’t judge him. I still watch his shows. Love Family Fued. Big Shots too.

21. Shea

May 9, 2017 at 4:54 pm

NO, I stopped watching his show when he spoke to #45, He was surely taking notes from #45 on how to fire folks! Not a fan of him now!

22. sad

May 9, 2017 at 7:53 pm

i didnt think he would do that, good luck to his staff, and karma in hollywood would make him humble again, foul steve foul

23. Jacqueline S Jones

May 9, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Some people are saying companies do not take you with them – I know that in all of my 48 years of working – there has been four (4) companies that have either relocated or lost their contract due to bidding and everyone has given me the option of moving and/or relocating. Two even paid my travel expense. So, I still think with his money and people dedication and commitment to a career – because at some point it stop being a job – they could have been offer the opportunity to move and grow with him.

24. Dorothy

May 10, 2017 at 2:35 am

I find it hard to believe he would do that, especially not even say “thanks” and give them a bonus or gift–something! I am skeptical about this stuff I read online because so often it’s not entirely true. So I’ll wait and see. I used to love watching Family Feud, though not as much now, but I don’t watch his show unless someone I really love is on it! Karma is a bitch, and all actions have consequences!! I’m surprised because of what he went thru–being homeless and all. Wow.

25. Cynthia

May 10, 2017 at 6:23 am

That’s cold – sometime fame makes you loose your humbleness and also makes you forget where you came from, You never know when you may need the very same person that you hurt or was not fair to. What comes up must come down.

26. g

May 10, 2017 at 7:35 am

Maybe he fired them to come to La to start his inner city program that he felt so compelled to meet with Trump about. Hahaha

27. Rose

May 10, 2017 at 10:31 am

I think those few minutes with Trump really rubbed off on him. Steve now acts like he only cares about himself; he used to have a heart for the people, but now it’s all about fame for him. Be careful, Steve, God sits high and looks low.

28. Harvey Steve

May 10, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Steve Harvey memo reveals a boss who can’t be bothered with his staff . READ HARVEY’s WARM & TOUCHING LETTER TO STAFF: http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/05/10/not-everyones-sorry-see-steve-harvey-leave-town/

29. Patricia Rodgers

May 11, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Considering how much fake news is going around — I’m not going to believe this until I hear it from him! So until then, I’m treating this as fake news!

30. kapple

September 18, 2017 at 5:32 pm

If this is true, it doesn’t reflect his Christianity. Ruben was his warm up guy, where did he go, left behind? How insincere. Sad if true.

31. Tweet

September 22, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I just started watching the new show. I don’t like it. I think Steve is just too full of himself now. I am sorry to tell you, your new show sucks. I don’t think this she willlast long. Be happy you did not go with him

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

** FEATURED STORY **

Pastor Cal Keeps Love Alive on ‘Married at First Sight’ (EUR EXCLUSIVE!)

Published

on

By

Pastor Cal - Calvin Roberson

eur mafs poster

*For 11 seasons, “Married at First Sight” (MAFS) has been the ultimate experiment in matchmaking as couples who have never met – complete strangers – tie the knot.

If you are not familiar with the popular Lifetime series, people looking for love are matched by relationship experts (Dr. Pepper Schwartz, Dr. Viviana Coles, and Pastor Calvin Roberson-known as Pastor Cal) and agree to tie the knot before meeting their mates.

The show follows the couples for a few weeks as they experience their first meeting at their weddings, their honeymoons, meeting each other’s families, and other milestone events all the while being counseled by the experts. At the end of each season, the couples are given the chance to continue in their marriage or get a divorce.

MORE NEWS: The Pulse of Entertainment: Gospel’s Brianna Collins Shows God ‘Honor & Praise’ with New Single

eur CalvinRoberson_MAFS_S6

Pastor Calvin Roberson (Pastor Cal) is one of the experts matching couples on “Married at First Sight.” (Photo: Lifetime)

While some may question the show’s premise, the EUR spoke to Pastor Cal recently and he said the series is genuine.

“My job on the show is to get these couples, put them together, and make sure they stay together,” said Pastor Cal. “My goal is to look at their differences, see where they’re compatible, counsel them and in some cases, threaten them, to make it work. All the experts, our focus, is simply making sure the couples stay together.”

As for a method in which the couples are matched, he added, “There isn’t a solid formula we apply to every couple. It has to be tweaked as we find out people’s peculiarities. It can be nerve-wracking but it’s rewarding in the end.”

Like many MAFS seasons, there are surprising revelations and this one, featuring couples from New Orleans, is no exception.

“Season 11 has brought us so many surprises,” Pastor Cal said. “Even in casting, one of the couples we thought would get along much quicker is one of the ones lagging behind. And one couple we thought would move slower to intimacy are moving ahead. And that’s with Miles and Karen being the slower and Woody and Amani being the faster of the two.”

EUR MAFS-S11-Couples_Woodrow-Amani

Woody and Amani in current season (11) of “Married at First Sight.” (Photo: Lifetime)

He continued, “Also, by my own admission, I fall on the sword on this one, I was not expecting Bennett and Amelia to get along so well. I thought she would be put off more by his lack of profession. It was a big surprise to me.”

The next MAFS season will include Atlanta couples and after that the show heads to Houston, which is casting now. Pastor Cal told the EUR that the show adapts to the couples from each city.

“I believe that every city we film in brings a certain flavor and the participants from that city take on the flavor from that city,” Pastor Cal said. “New Orleans is laid-back, they party, and it’s a very fun city as opposed to a city like D.C. that is very political, buttoned up, and tight. But definitely we found that every city influences the participants. We definitely see different personalities coming out of each city.”

MAFS Houston Flyer

Speaking of Atlanta, Pastor Cal is the lead pastor at Progression church in the peach city. He and his wife Wendy have a marriage coaching organization that offers marriage and relationship conferences, boot camps, and seminars worldwide.

While COVID-19 may have slowed down the in-person events, that has not stopped people from contacting Pastor Cal for love connections, “Because of COVID, we’re online. I get more people through DM’s, email, etc. asking me to match them.”

And how does the church feel about the show?

“My church actually loves it.” Pastor Cal said. “They are so supportive and such an incredible group of people. They tell people about the show. Our church was actually founded on relationships, so it was an easy fit. Our church was founded on positive marriage and positive family.”

Look out for Pastor Cal’s book, “Marriage Ain’t for Punks,” slated to come out next year.

If you are interested in being on “Married at First Sight” and live in Houston, click here to apply.

For more information on MAFS’ current season, click here.

Continue Reading

Apple News

Nigerian Bread Seller Lands Modeling Contract After Photobombing Rapper’s Shoot

Published

on

Olajumoke Orisaguna

*27-year-old former bread seller Olajumoke Orisaguna captured the world’s attention a few years ago when a photo of her carrying a massive bag of bread loafs ontop of her head went viral.

She was discovered on the streets of the city of Lagos by international photographer Ty Bello, who was shooting with English rapper Tinie Tempah. Unintentionally, Orisaguna came out in one of the images.

Days later, Bello shared pictures from that shoot on his social media but with interest of finding out who the bread seller was in the photo.

“WHO IS SHE? Everyone has been asking if this lady is a model… She definitely SHOULD be a model… I’ll find a way to track her down somehow. You guys can also help,“ the photographer captioned the post.

CHECK THIS OUT: New Trailer: ‘Spell’ Starring Omari Hardwick (‘Ghost’), Loretta Devine and More!

As PEOPLE notes, from that moment on, her life changed forever. In less than a year, Orisaguna managed to sign contracts with recognized agencies. Earlier this year, she wrapped up her tour of South Africa and she also launched a vlog and reality show.

“I never expected this would ever happen to me,” she told CNN. “My friends have told me they saw me on the TV and they are really happy. My parents cannot believe their own child can become such a success.”

In March, she celebrated the one year anniversary of her discovery. In an exclusive interview with Pulse in January, Orisaguna spoke about the people who have been influential in her rise to fame. During the interview, she thanked Azuka Ogujuiba of ThisDay Newspaper, as she was instrumental in Olajumoke’s success story.

Orisaguna, who left her two children and husband to sell bread, is now being offered by a bank to pay for her kid’s education through college.

Continue Reading

** FEATURED STORY **

‘Origin of Everything’ on PBS Sparks Interest with Controversial & Everyday Topics (EUR Exclusive!)

Published

on

By

Origin of Everything

*“Origin of Everything,” available on PBS.org, has been exploring topics since 2017 that run the gamut. The show jumps into a variety of subjects by investigating daily life like the words we use, pop culture, and why we are hooked on technology.

The show does not shy away from controversial topics such as slavery, race and ethnicity, and mass incarceration of African Americans.

Danielle Bainbridge, Ph.D., the host and lead writer of “Origin of Everything,” told the EUR in a recent interview that the series is about making people think beyond the restrictive ways we have been taught to view history.

“It’s a show about our collective story and how we are envisioning history,” Dr. Bainbridge said. ”How do we think about history that includes all of us and just not the figures and facts that we were taught in school. So, it’s a show about under told and underrepresented history. We’re trying to make history feel very present to the people who watch it.”

She continued, “One of the reasons to watch it is if you’re curious about how did we get to our current moment? How do small things such as why do we eat popcorn at the movies or what is the origin of ethnicity and how do these things still impact the way we think about the world?”

DOIN’ GOOD IN THA HOOD: Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Rides to Underserved Communities

EUR PBS Danielle Bainbridge

Dr. Danielle Bainbridge, host of “Origin of Everything,” available on PBS.org. (Courtesy of PBS)

Deftly equipped to talk about controversial topics, Dr. Bainbridge holds a Ph.D. in African American Studies and American Studies from Yale University and graduated Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania with a B.A. in English & Theatre Arts. She is also a faculty member at Northwestern University in Theatre and African American Studies

In early 2017, when she was a graduate student, she was contacted by PBS about working on the show and thought it was a joke.

“When they first reached out to me, I thought it was a hoax,” Dr. Bainbridge said. “I was thinking how would they even know who I am because I was a graduate student? But I think they found me through a since defunct janky website that I had set up. They reached out to me, I auditioned, did a screen test, and a writing sample and after that I was hired to help develop the show.”

Viewers are encouraged to be interactive with the series because it is digital. With instant commentary from the audience, the show knows immediately what viewers think, which for the most part is positive. However, when it delves into controversial subject matters things can get sticky.

“I would say overall people are pretty positive about the series because most of the folks who watch it are longtime watchers who tune in every week for episodes,” Dr. Bainbridge said. “The only exception is if we cover more sensitive topics like, race, gender, or sexuality we will get some pushback. I think that’s just the cost of doing business with open discourse.”

One of the most controversial shows was about the transatlantic slave trade.

“We did one episode on why Europeans enslaved Africans and that was probably our most viewed episode as well as our most critiqued one,” Dr. Bainbridge said. “I think often times if you view yourself as pretty well versed in history from what you learn in school and then you learn something that goes in the opposite direction it can be jarring or for some people upsetting. We think of it as our value or service to our audience to present accurate history or history that doesn’t get told that often so that people can be informed with the whole picture.”

She added that she has an answer for those who point out that Africans sold slaves to Europeans.

“Slavery was not invented with West Africans and Europeans,” Dr. Bainbridge continued. “Some form of enslavement – whether through war, becoming a prisoner of war, or through different systems – goes back to ancient societies from around the world. So, it is not distinct to West Africa or Europe or any other region of the world.”

Dr. Bainbridge added, “But the difference with this particular moment in slavery was that it intersected with capitalism in a way that was very different with slavery that preceded it. People were taken into the system and their children inherited their status as a slave and that is where the differences started to emerge. We have to think about these things as distinct only because the system that existed with chattel slavery was so radically different than the slavery that existed around the world beforehand.”

With the ongoing protests against police brutality, “Origin of Everything” has also tackled the racist beginnings of United States law. Dr. Bainbridge breaks down the discriminatory history by looking at colonialism, slavery, the Jim Crow era, and mass incarceration.

“I decided to write this episode about legal discrimination, and I didn’t have a particular agenda in mind,” she said. “As I started doing the research it was overwhelming. I started to find (material) that just dealt with legal discrimination about black people in this country from its origin to now. I thought it was something that people needed to know.”

“I was never taught in any history class that I took through high school any of the information from that episode. I was taught that things are fair and that a lot of the blame was placed inadvertently or inherently on black communities, impoverished communities, or communities that struggle. When I saw that in some ways the law was stacked against black people and certain other populations, I thought that was important to bring to light. In this moment, people are looking for reliable sources and this could add to the conversation.”

New episodes of “Origin of Everything” are available on PBS.org and the PBS Digital Studios’ YouTube Channel. Join the conversation by visiting Twitter-@PBSOrigin and Instagram-@pbsoriginofeverything.

Continue Reading