Saturday, September 25, 2021

Kelvin Rafael Mejía (23) Chugs Bottle of Tequila to Win $630 Then Dies (WATCH)

*To say “this didn’t end well” would be a massive understatement. We’re referring to a 23-year-old man who died from alcohol poisoning after chugging an entire bottle of tequila in a Dominican nightclub.

As part of a bet, Kelvin Rafael Mejía downed the tequila and it was all caught on video and after a momentary celebration, the end was starting for the young man. Within seconds he was having trouble standing.

Unfortunately for Mejia, right about the time his $630 prize money was in his hand, he fainted and collapsed to the floor and never regained consciousness, the Daily Mail reports.

The Dominican Republic’s medical examiner revealed that the official cause of death was alcohol intoxication.

OTHER NEWS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: NEW NIELSEN STUDY CONFIRMS MOST VIEWERS OF BLACK TV SHOWS ARE NON-BLACK

kelvin rafael mejia

The Daily Mail quotes El Universal as saying the bet came about after Mejia approached a table where a group of clients were betting money on how much tequila they could drink in one go and he asked to join in.

The management of the venue, the Vacca Lounge, has distanced itself from the events stating the nightclub had nothing to do with the tragic incident.

We would advise the management of Vacca Lounge to lawyer up ’cause it’s hard to see Kelvin Rafael Mejía not filing a lawsuit.

And as far as Mejia’s family, we can only imagine the pain they are suffering.

 

YOU MAY LIKE

1 COMMENT

  1. Dead men don’t file lawsuits. The nightclub doesn’t need to lawyer up, they didn’t place the bet; nor put the bottle in the man’s hands. Now if they supplied the prize money that changes everything.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

SEARCH

THE CULTURECALENDAR: WHAT'S NEW & BLACK ON TV


TRENDING