Sunday, October 24, 2021

NFL’s Darrelle Revis Released on Non-Monetary Bond After Assault Arrest

Darrelle Revis
Darrelle Revis

*New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was released on non-monetary bond after turning himself in to police Friday night, a day after he was charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor stemming from an altercation last weekend in Pittsburgh.

Revis’ next court date will be Thursday, reports Police on Feb. 16 charged Revis with two felony counts of aggravated assault, one felony count each of robbery and conspiracy, and a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats.

The player’s attorneys issued a statement Sunday night saying the video released that day by TMZ showing two men unconscious will prove that Revis is not the person who punched and knocked out the two men.

Watch below:

“Darrelle Revis absolutely, categorically and positively did not knock out anyone, did not conspire with anyone to commit an assault, did not say ‘shut up before I knock your (expletive] out next’ and surely did not ‘rob’ another of a cell phone,” said the statement issued by attorneys, Robert DelGreco Jr. and Mark Fiorilli. “The voice and admissions made on the video are not that of Darrelle Revis. We have no doubt but that further investigation relative to the clothing and voice verification will corroborate the above assertions.”

At Friday’s arraignment, Revis was ordered to appear at all hearings and instructed not to have any contact with the alleged victims and witnesses — not even on social media. He was given 72 hours to submit his passport.

The incident in question occurred at 2:43 a.m. ET Sunday on Pittsburgh’s South Side. Two men, ages 21 and 22, told police that they were punched and knocked out amid a verbal altercation with Revis, though they did not know who hit them. Witnesses said the two men were unconscious for 10 minutes, according to police, but also didn’t know who threw the punches.

Dallas Cousins, a 22-year-old from Kittanning, Pennsylvania, was walking on a street when he spotted someone who resembled Revis, police said. Cousins confronted Revis, who acknowledged his identity. At that point, Cousins began recording video on his cellphone and continued to follow the NFL star.

“At some point, Revis snatched the cellphone away and attempted to delete the video,” the police statement said.

Zacheriah Jarvis, a 21-year-old from Ross Township, Pennsylvania, who is Cousins’ roommate, helped retrieve the phone, police said. An argument ensued. An unidentified man came to help Revis. The other two men told police they “were punched, then remember waking up to talk to police.”

A witness, Nathan Watt, told police that Revis approached Watt after Cousins and Jarvis were knocked out. Watt quoted Revis as saying, “I got more guys coming.” The complaint added that Revis “stepped within a foot of his face with an aggressive demeanor on his face, fists clenched, and stated, ‘Do you want to be next?'”

Watt said he didn’t know whether Revis or the man who helped him knocked out Cousins and Jarvis, telling police, “I don’t know. It happened so fast.”

Officers viewed the cellphone video at the scene and confirmed the person in it was Revis. Police said the video — which is not the same as the video obtained by TMZ — “shows Revis walking away from the group and Cousins following him, describing what Revis is wearing. The video then shows Revis standing in front of the White Eagle Bar, saying, ‘Why are you following me?’ several times before the video stops.”

The men said they later took themselves to the hospital, where Cousins was diagnosed with an orbital floor fracture.

Revis and the unidentified man left the area in a truck, Watt told police.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -