*Dr. Dre is throwing down the proverbial gauntlet. And you know whenever you read or hear the that phrase being used, you know somebody means business. And that’s exactly what the deal is with this story. The super producer and the man behind the “Beats” headphones is not playing.
Dre has delivered a clear threat over the upcoming TV movie “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” that shows him beating his ex (Michel’le) senseless. The bottom line is that he’s saying loud and clear that he’ll sue if the film airs this coming weekend.
As we’ve reported, the Lifetime network is set to air “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” from Sony – a production that depicts Dre as a woman beater. TMZ is reporting that Dre’s legal team sent a cease and desist letter … demanding the studio back off, if it doesn’t want to end up in court.
In the letter, Dre flatly denies ever abusing Michel’le. The latter makes reference to the fact that they dated around 30 years ago and she never hinted at abuse or any type of violent behavior on his part. The letter also says she never sought medical treatment or filed a police report.
In the movie, Dre’s character pulls on the R&B songstress’ hair, hits her in the face and pulls out a gun on her.
Dre’s attorneys have also warned Michel’le to back off.
Michel’le, on the other hand, spoke about the alleged abuse, as well as her history of substance abuse, in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.
“When you’re living in it, you can’t see it. But I couldn’t believe that I was really living like that,” she told the website. “And it really resonated with me. Never did I wake up and ask Dre, ‘Why did you hit me?'”
“Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” is scheduled to premiere on Lifetime on Saturday, Oct. 15. Actress Rhyon Nicole Brown stars as Michel’le in the film, while actor Curtis Hamilton plays Dre.