*(Hollywood, CA) – The Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center (BHERC) presents REEL BLACK MEN a Short Film Showcase and Discussion on October 1, 2016 at Raleigh Studios, 5300 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood, California 90038 and will screen 8 short films written, directed and/or produced by Black Filmmakers.
Screening starts at 6:00 p.m. with a Q&A with the directors, writers and cast immediately following. Reel Black Men Film Festival screening and dialogue is an opportunity for emerging African American male filmmakers to showcase their skills, talent and vision through film screenings, while giving the audience a chance to view and discuss the artistry, passion and sacrifice involved in the independent filmmaking process. Reel Black Men will screen the following films:
1. Showtime by Charles Little II
2. Joy by Solomon Onita Jr.
3. Sistah Did What? by Michael Blackman
4. Injustice by Keith Offutt
5. This Is How I Want To Remember H.E.R. by Kali Baker-Johnson
6. Protect and Serve by Aaron Andrews & Lauren Bogholtz
7. Blackface by Malcolm Baity (Director/Writer)
8. Oops! by Andre Campbell
Learn more at EURThisNthat.