Friday, October 7, 2022

Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to ‘Be Careful’ (Video)

electricity in water

*Now that spring has sprung, and summer is just around the corner, a lot of teens will be headed towards the water. Thankfully, African American teens and their friends don’t necessarily carry the fear of water that their parents and elders before them who never learned how to swim may have. So they will be headed out to the lakes and pools in droves. BUT BEFORE YOU LET THEM GO…this family wants you to know something that will save a life. Make sure there is no electricity in the water.

The ABC News anchor in the video below (scroll down) says “There have been at least 25 electrocutions across the country over the past five years, shocks coming with no warning and sometimes they are legal.”

Scary yes?

Carmen Johnson was a 15-year-old cheerleader who was the light of her family’s life. The youngest of their children, she got good grades, and loved the water. But a tragic accident came about as a result of “rusty electrical work” on the dock in the backyard which brought the deadly currents to the water and Carmen was electrocuted in the lake near the family home. Now her parents are speaking out to warn others before another life is taken.

“It’s called ‘electric shock drowning’ and it comes about when a current from usually a short in the wiring of a dock, marina or boat spreads through the water,” says the newscaster.

Read more and watch the video at EURThisNthat.




- Advertisement -