Connect with us

crime

Uh Oh! Dr. Dre’s Album Sales Decline As ‘Compton’ Movie Dominates Box Office

Published

on

Dr. Dre

*While “Straight Outta Compton” continues to dominate the box office for the second weekend, earning $27 million and has crossed $100 million at the domestic box office, Dr. Dre’s third solo outing and first new album in over 15 years, “Compton,” saw a massive drop in sales during its second week.

According to Hits Daily Double, the album sold only 42,732 copies the second week, down 85 percent from the 286,000 copies sold in the week of its release, when it also finished second on the Billboard 200 charts.

“Compton” was released exclusively on iTunes and Apple Music, and was streamed 25 million times in its first week. It scored around 9,000 streams during the second week, bringing its total to 52,000 copies sold.

As The Wrap reports, the decline comes in same week the rapper/producer issued an apology for his history of abusing women.

“Twenty-five years ago I was a young man drinking too much and in over my head with no real structure in my life,” Dre said in a statement to the New York Times. “However, none of this is an excuse for what I did.”

“I’ve been married for 19 years and every day I’m working to be a better man for my family, seeking guidance along the way,” he continued. “I’m doing everything I can so I never resemble that man again. I apologize to the women I’ve hurt. I deeply regret what I did and know that it has forever impacted all of our lives.”

Apple Music, which made Dre a near-billionaire after buying his Beats headphones company, said it believes in Dre’s sincerity and the company issued a statement in support of him.

“Dre has apologized for the mistakes he’s made in the past and he’s said that he’s not the same person that he was 25 years ago,” Apple said in a statement. “After working with him for a year and a half, we have every reason to believe that he has changed.”

Do you think the drop in album sales is a result of the criticism Dre is receiving over his history of violence toward women?

Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. dessler

    August 25, 2015 at 7:40 am

    Unfortunately, I think those who would have rushed to buy his new music are also those who would consider him a punk now for apologizing. I’m guessing that these same fans would call his past behavior as “being a real man and keeping women in check.” I truly hope I’m wrong.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

crime

Breonna Taylor Grand Juror Calls Proceedings A ‘Betrayal’ in Exclusive Interview / WATCH

Published

on

Gayle King & Kentucky AG
Breonna Taylor-2

Breonna Taylor

*In a “CBS This Morning” exclusive, two grand jurors in the Breonna Taylor case told co-host Gayle King that prosecutors from the Kentucky attorney general’s office never presented  grand jurors with the option to consider indicting officers on more serious charges for Taylor’s death.

In addition they described what they say happened during the grand jury proceedings and how they felt blindsided by public comments from the Kentucky attorney general.

Last month the Kentucky attorney general told a local Fox affiliate, “If the jurors wanted to make an assessment about different charges they could have done that.”

Watch Part 1:

Watch Part 2:

Excerpts:
– Juror #2: “They didn’t give us the charges up front…when they gave us all of that testimony, over 20-somethin’ hours, and then to say that these are the only charges that they’re coming up with, it’s like, ‘Well, what did we just sit through?’ And then to be told that, we’re not chargin’ them– with anything else…To me, it was a betrayal.”

– Juror #2: “They never gave us the opportunity to deliberate on anything but the charges for Hankison. That was it. As a matter of fact, when they announced that there were the only charges, it was a uproar in that room….There were several more charges that could have gone forward on all of those officers or at least the 3 shooters.”

– Attorney Kevin Glogower: “From a legal perspective, it looked like they weren’t following the grand jurors and they only wanted the grand jurors to follow them, which is contrary to the actual rule.”

– Juror #1 on Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron’s press conference: “When he stated that there were six possible murder charges and that the grand jury had agreed that those didn’t apply. The first time I heard the word, “six possible murder charges,” was in that news conference.”

– Juror #2:  “I really felt that this was all Cameron. This was up to him. We didn’t get a choice in that at all. So I was livid….by the time I heard what he was sayin’, everything that came out of his mouth, I was sayin’, “Liar.” ‘Cause we didn’t agree to anything. We never met Cameron.”

– Juror #1 on Breonna Taylor’s mother: “I have no idea how she feels, I can only imagine. But I needed her to know that– again, to what Number Two was saying, that is that we tried. We were only allowed to decide on what they gave to us.”

– Juror #1 on staying anonymous: “Mainly for my family’s safety. There’s people out there that don’t agree with what we’re doing. Most people do, but there’s a few out there that probably don’t. And I just as soon keep it that way.”

Follow CBS THIS MORNING on TwitterFacebookInstagram and YouTube.

 

 

 

 

 

source:
Tucker Hart
[email protected]

 

Continue Reading

crime

Keith Raniere: Leader of NXIVM Cult Gets 120 Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking [VIDEO]

Published

on

KEITH RANIERE - TWITTER


*The leader of the NXIVM sex cult has been sentenced to 120 years in prison.

Keith Raniere used NXIVM as a self-help workshop to force at least over a dozen women and teen girls to have sex with him. His alleged crimes ar documented in the HBO series “The Vow,” which was recently picked up for a second season.

Raniere was found guilty of federal sex trafficking and racketeering charges back in June 2019, PEOPLE reports.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Eastern District of New York announced the sentence on Twitter.

“For both my mom and I, this case has been more than personal,” said alleged victim India Oxenberg, whose mother is “Dynasty” actress Catherine Oxenberg. “It’s also reassured my faith in the justice system which protects human rights and holds not only the perpetrators accountable for their crimes — but also those who financially support and enable them. I hope that this case, and others, such as Jeffrey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, R. Kelly’s, help to change the laws in the US to protect people against coercion and the abuses of power.”

READ MORE: Seagram Heiress Sentenced to Six Years in Prison for Her ‘Predator’ Role in NXIVM Sex Cult

Raniere’s sentencing comes weels after an heir to the Seagram’s liquor fortune was sentenced to a little over six years in prison for her role in the NXIVM sex-cult.

Clare Bronfman, 41, is accused of using her fortune to silence victims of Raniere. 

NXIVM is a self-described personal and professional development program, which Bronfman first joined in 2003 to help her find purpose in her overly privileged life. She ultimately moved up to the group’s executive board, while female members were allegedly coerced into sexual slavery.

Several women testified how they obeyed their “masters,” and were pressured to have sex with Raniere. They were even branded with his initials as well as those of Raniere’s puppet, “Smallville” actress Allison Mack.

Bronfman, who reportedly spent at least $116 million on the organization, pled guilty to two charges in connection to identity theft and immigration fraud. 

Mack, a co-defendant in the case, pleaded guilty to racketeering charges before the start of the trial. 

Continue Reading

crime

Texas Rapper, 12, Sentenced to 7 Years for Shooting 1-Year-Old [VIDEO]

Published

on

lil rodney - Instagram

*A 12-year-old aspiring rapper from Fort Worth, Texas has been sentenced to seven years in a juvenile detention facility for shooting a one-year-old child (who survived).

According to reports, at the time of the shooting, the juvenile — who goes by the stage names Lil Rodney, Baby Savage, and 30Shotz — was on probabtion for an arson case and had been fitted with an ankle monitor. The boy, an alleged Crips gang member, told the judge during a hearing that was conducted via a Zoom that he cut the monitor off because he wanted to attend the funeral of a friend.

“I just want to know if you can at least give me one more chance then see. If this time I mess up you should like, hold me for some months,” a tearful Rodney pleaded with Judge Kim.

But the judge wasn’t having it.

“Every time you come in here you cry. You know that, right?” Kim told him. “Every single time, you beg me for one more chance. You swear to God, ‘On my mama’s name,’ ‘I’m not gonna cut off the monitor, I’m not gonna run off.’ Every single time.”

READ MORE: Fatal Shooting of Walter Wallace Prompts Rioting in Philly – 30 Cops Injured, 1 Hit by Truck

 

View this post on Instagram

 

LongLive 5 he the prince of the east🖕🏾🖐🏾💕 #freedahitta #freetaliban

A post shared by Young🖕🏾🖐🏾GMSR🤑 (@nbc5_big30shots) on

In August, Rodney allegedly posted a now-deleted picture on his Instagram of himself smoking weed, along with the caption: “Fuck Judge Kim.”

“You know, once you put something on the internet, it doesn’t come down,” Kim said during the virtual court hearing.

Rodney’s grandfather became his legal guardian when he was a toddler after his father abandoned the family and his mother was arrested multiple times.

“Your papa is a wise man. You know that?” the judge said, referring to the grandfather. “He is here every single time you have a detention hearing. Every single time. Because he loves you and cares about you. But you’re out there thinking that there’s something better than the home that he’s providing you.”

Lil Rodney will remain incarcerated until he is 19-years-old.

You can watch the video of the Zoom conference via the YouTube clip above.

Continue Reading

TV Calendar: Coming to Small Screens

Trending