Chatting with TMZ, Haze (born Chester Hanks) revealed that recent situations involving him have resulted in his parents telling him to stop using social media.
“My parents, they be telling me … to stay off social media, period,” Haze told the site. “Even before this happened … They’re the old generation. They don’t get it. This is the new generation. We do things differently now.”
“My parents are making sure I’m good,” he added. “They don’t really tell me what to do anymore because I’m grown. They just [want to] make sure I’m happy and safe.”
Haze’s comments come days after he generated headlines for casually using the N-word, which he defended recently on Instagram. In addition, the rapper’s trip overseas turned into another moment when he allegedly caused $1,800 in damages to a London hotel room.
According to the NY Post’s Page Six, Haze is back in LA, where he is putting his focus back on music. A source tells the newspaper’s gossip section that the rapper booked a studio session booked for Tuesday afternoon in an effort to resume his music career less than a week after London cops had been looking for him.
“He’s been working out a lot and really focusing on his music,” the source told Page Six, which noted that Haze has been struggling with substance abuse since he was 16-years-old. Last year, Haze went to rehab for his addiction to cocaine.
While they don’t approve of him currently being on social media, the source mentioned that Hanks met with Haze last week in L.A. and offered some advice for him over dinner.
“He’s encouraged him to block out what people are saying and just keep focusing on music,” insider stated.