*Earlier we reported that former Death Row headman Suge Knight was identified as being behind the wheel of a car that ran over and man and killed him earlier today (01-29-15). Knight then reportedly fled the scene.
The incident happened in Compton at a promotional shoot for the upcoming Universal release “Straight Outta Compton.” According to KABC TV, Knight’s attorney is currently working with authorities to arrange for the hip-hop mogul to turn himself in shortly.
“There are two victims that were transported to a local hospital to be treated for their injuries. A male adult was pronounced dead at the hospital. The second victim is in unknown condition,” the Sheriff’s Department said in a statement to TheWrap.
As we reported, a fight broke out between the Death Row Records founder and two members of the film crew.
“Suge got back into his car, took the wheel and threw the vehicle in reverse … and ran over a man who suffered fatal injuries,” according to a posting at TMZ.
Knight’s attorney, James Blatt, told KABC that Knight was attacked by two people and tried to escape in the car.
Also, as we reported earlier, Ice Cube , Dr. Dre and The Game were all on set Thursday shooting a promo for the movie when the deadly crash occurred. Hours before the collision, Ice Cube posted a photo on Instagram of the trio on set:
“Straight Outta Compton” is a biographic drama about the rise of hip-hop group N.W.A. It stars O’Shea Jackson Jr. (as Ice Cube), Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre), Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E), Aldis Hodge (MC Ren) and Neil Brown Jr. (DJ Yella), while Paul Giamatti will co-star as the group’s manager Jerry Heller.
An individual with knowledge of the situation told TheWrap the shoot was taking place in several different locations in the area. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre. and The Game were in a separate location and did not witness the collision, the individual said.
The investigation is still ongoing and it was unclear if any arrests had been made.