*With a dominating presence on the big and small screen, Kevin Hart is a force to be reckoned with.
And while he excels in making people laugh via prominent roles in box office hits such as the “Think Like A Man” films, “Ride Along,” and “About Last Night” as well as BET’s fake reality TV show “Real Husbands of Hollywood,” Hart’s comedy springs from serious circumstances. According to thereelnetwork.com, the 35-year-old funnyman’s father was a cocaine addict. As a result, he relied on comedy to “keep his head above water.”
The following are six interesting facts about Hart that you may or may not know, via The Reel Network:
1. Hart’s comedy is not just for show. His father was a cocaine addict, which brought about a ton of family struggles. He made people laugh to keep his head above water.
2. Hart’s “Laugh At My Pain” tour became one of the top-selling comedy tours in 2011, grossing at over $15M. The tour started off as a comedy album. He has three comedy albums in total.
3. Hart won two NAACP Image Awards this year, one for Entertainer of the Year and the other for Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
4. Hart’s ex-wife, Torrei Hart, stars on VH1’s reality television show “Atlanta Exes.” The two divorced in 2010, and Hart is now engaged to model Eniko Parrish.
5. The comedian has his own video game called “Little Jumpman” that is available on iTunes.
6. Hart’s net worth is estimated at $25M.